DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Computer / Software Recommendations??? Photo/Video and Audio Editing

I went cheap, and used the Video Edit software in Windows. Yes, I'm sticking with Windows, I once tried Apple, but couldn't get the hang of it. First I had to download the Mini 2 videos from the card in my drone. I thought I could just plug my computer into the drone, and get to the card from there, but I had to plug the card into an adapter and download them from there (took forever for 11 short files). I want to take some decent footage before shelling out for better software (music comes later). I look forward to having good software, and good results.
Oh, and one hint -- if you want your drone to take video, remember to hit the record button (it's the red one on the right side of the screen).

I went cheap, and used the Video Edit software in Windows. Yes, I'm sticking with Windows, I once tried Apple, but couldn't get the hang of it. First I had to download the Mini 2 videos from the card in my drone. I thought I could just plug my computer into the drone, and get to the card from there, but I had to plug the card into an adapter and download them from there (took forever for 11 short files). I want to take some decent footage before shelling out for better software (music comes later). I look forward to having good software, and good results.
Oh, and one hint -- if you want your drone to take video, remember to hit the record button (it's the red one on the right side of the screen).
The new M1 processor based MacBooks are using USB-C ports now, so you’re not gonna have to use adapters like before. When you say you “went cheap” all you need to edit DJI video is LumaFusion which costs $39.99 (Canadian). How much cheaper do you want? I would go into an Apple Store & have them show you even just their lowest end MacBook Air M1 which my son (who does graphic design for the public library) bought because of how fast, light & portable it is compared to his old 16” MacBook Pro (Intel based)! And the battery lasts him a good 12-14 hours.

The new M1 processor based MacBooks are using USB-C ports now, so you’re not gonna have to use adapters like before. When you say you “went cheap” all you need to edit DJI video is LumaFusion which costs $39.99 (Canadian). How much cheaper do you want? I would go into an Apple Store & have them show you even just their lowest end MacBook Air M1 which my son (who does graphic design for the public library) bought because of how fast, light & portable it is compared to his old 16” MacBook Pro (Intel based)! And the battery lasts him a good 12-14 hours.
Won't go with the Mac. I bought one about 35 years ago since my church was using them. Then they went back. Probably the idea of a guy with some say. Gave mine to my daughter, and it died. The price of software is never the deciding point Once I'm to the point of getting good footage, I'll check them all out. Windows, that is.

After watching these beautiful videos of drone footage, I would love to be able to do that. My Mini 2 seems to be taking some great shots. Even of my wife's chickens.

Last edited:
Got a new LG monitor today. LG 27MP400-B 27”. A great looking monitor. Now I need to get some good drone footage, and great editing software. It's a start.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada