DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confirmation of flight restrictions

Nickyb65

Reactions
Hi,

Just need clarification please on the colour legends on the DJI app and others such as Altitude Angle of flight restrictions.

I know red areas are restricted airspace and of course would never fly in these.

However there are light yellow areas saying 'area of increase risk'. Does this mean I CANNOT fly at all in these areas? There maybe an airstrip say 2 miles away, of course I would use
common sense.

If this can be clarified please.

thanks

Thumbswayup

If you go to the web place for DJI's "Fly Safe" material ... choose the area, country & drone model, the zones will be shown in the map there & below it a color legend covering all possible zones. What you see here should be the same as you see in the app.

--> DJI Fly Safe

Reactions: Nickyb65
I know red areas are restricted airspace and of course would never fly in these.

However there are light yellow areas saying 'area of increase risk'. Does this mean I CANNOT fly at all in these areas?
The DJI app is not a good guide to legal flight restrictions.

In Canada and Greenland it would allow me to fly in restricted airspace, but also prohibit me flying in places where it is perfectly legal.

The best thing to do is to check a map on an app (or website) that specifically includes restrictions for the country you are flying in. You will also need to check NOTAMs to see if there are temporary flight restrictions.

Altitude Angel seems to be pretty comprehensive, assuming you meant this site. It includes NOTAMs, which is good.

If I understand UK regulations correctly (and not being British I may not), you are allowed to fly in the yellow areas but are responsible for taking appropriate safety precautions.

The DJI app is not a good guide to legal flight restrictions.

In Canada and Greenland it would allow me to fly in restricted airspace, but also prohibit me flying in places where it is perfectly legal.

The best thing to do is to check a map on an app (or website) that specifically includes restrictions for the country you are flying in. You will also need to check NOTAMs to see if there are temporary flight restrictions.

Altitude Angel seems to be pretty comprehensive, assuming you meant this site. It includes NOTAMs, which is good.

If I understand UK regulations correctly (and not being British I may not), you are allowed to fly in the yellow areas but are responsible for taking appropriate safety precautions.
Thanks for the info, that's good if correct about 'you are allowed to fly in the yellow areas but are responsible for taking appropriate safety precautions'. I hope this is true!

As far as I am aware, the "yellow areas" are "fly with caution," remembering of course that there is unlikely to be any mitigation should your flight be the cause of a mishap or "near miss!."

Hi,

Just need clarification please on the colour legends on the DJI app and others such as Altitude Angle of flight restrictions.

However there are light yellow areas saying 'area of increase risk'. Does this mean I CANNOT fly at all in these areas? There maybe an airstrip say 2 miles away, of course I would use
common sense.

thanks

Thumbswayup
my understanding is that you can, it's an advisory message of risk

Hi,

common sense.

thanks

Thumbswayup
Increased risk means just that - you can fly there but take care for whatever reason.

If its not listed as a flight restriction zone or prohibited airspace you can fly there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada