DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confusion over start-up procedure

if I don't start the app LAST, GoPro4 dies Every time
I sometimes had issues if I didn't do my app last, but that was likely due to the Android OS. It would get confused and bail out on me if the RC didn't have a connection to the Mavic, and it wouldn't simply become happy after that connection was made without having to first close and re-open. Trying the app last might maybe possibly perhaps help someone with an app issue?

I'm also somewhat playing Devil's advocate, the idea of turning on the controlling systems and checking them out first is solid. I don't use the app to control, but w/ the available modes it is indeed able to control.

if I don't start the app LAST, GoPro4 dies Every time
DJIGo4 you mean ;)

Yours is a reasonable approach.
To say the App has to be started first is simply being Dogmatic. Makes good sense to power up the RC before the MP and to power off in the reverse order, MP before the RC..

The correct sequence comes from two things. Safety and logic.

Obviously the MP should be turned on last and turned off first - that is an old safety rule that has its roots in the RC world and other systems.

Then logically, the RC should be on before the MP and turned off after the MP.

Then (logically), the app should be turned on first (since it can't control anything* in the absence of the RC) and turned off last for the same reason.

These things are driven by safety and logic. Not by "what's worked for me".

*Obviously not referring to WiFi control of the MP from the app...

Visualize it as a chain:
View attachment 19956
This is my sequence. Always works for me.

DJIGo4 you mean ;)

Yours is a reasonable approach.
To say the App has to be started first is simply being Dogmatic. Makes good sense to power up the RC before the MP and to power off in the reverse order, MP before the RC..
thanks for the correction and if I power down the MP I can change batteries and power back up and the RC links, no problem and DJIGO4 app stays functional.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fly2pro