DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confusion with firmware download?

Mt-Ed

Reactions
It has been quite some time since I last flew my MA2. In preparation to fly this weekend, I charged everything up, and when I pulled up DJI fly, I got a message there there was a firmware update to download. I attempted to perform the download and each time I try, I get an error message, "download failed, check network and try again". I verified my wifi connection is active and connected, but a not able to download the firmware update. I've even gone as far as setting everything right next to my router, to make sure I had a strong signal.

Has anyone got any suggestions I might try to complete this task? Thanks in advance......

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thanks very much DM, I shall try that!
FANTASTIC!!! Thanks again DM, it worked perfectly!
I'm so glad to have access to you folks here!!!

Reactions: Drone Master
FWIW, I always use DJI Assistant for firmware updates (not the app).

Reactions: Rchawks
I get the same error if I try to update using my home wifi network, but if I set my phone up as a hotspot and use that wifi I can update with out any problem. DJI can't figure that out.

I don’t know about the DJI Fly app but the DJI Go4 app only advises you that a firmware update is available. It isn’t mandatory to update the firmware before flying and why would you want to do that and eat into flight time anyway?
Update firmware at home in a controlled environment with plenty of time, not when you had planned to fly. There is always the possibility that they change a crucial setting that you miss when you check after applying the update and that leads to you losing your drone. And, updating firmware uses battery life and further reduces flight time available.

I don’t know about the DJI Fly app but the DJI Go4 app only advises you that a firmware update is available. It isn’t mandatory to update the firmware before flying and why would you want to do that and eat into flight time anyway?
Update firmware at home in a controlled environment with plenty of time, not when you had planned to fly. There is always the possibility that they change a crucial setting that you miss when you check after applying the update and that leads to you losing your drone. And, updating firmware uses battery life and further reduces flight time available.
Another reason to have at least one more battery than you think you need.

Getting the same error.... network error when using the pc app. Tried for days using different cable and reloading all apps. using the go4 app checking updater it does a spin for a while then nothing changes.
SO WHAT DO I DO?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007