DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Congress members warn that DJI drones 'register facial recognition data even when the system is off, and upload information to cloud storage'

Status
Not open for further replies.
let me know when the president of the US makes it a priority of federal government, and the nation, to build a consumer drone as good as the Mavic 3.
So you think the President of the United States should be focused on designing and building a drone like the Mavic to occupy and entertain the tiny fraction of people in the country who own and fly one? I would prefer the US government focus on military drones (sea, undersea, air and land) for military purposes which is exactly what I think they are doing. By the way, do you know the unit cost to build, ship and sell a Mavic 3 and DJI's margin of profit? Because I believe the numbers are CCP secrets.

do you know the unit cost to build, ship and sell a Mavic 3 and DJI's margin of profit? Because I believe the numbers are CCP secrets.
Don't be so silly.
DJI doesn't disclose their costs and profit margin just as any number of US companies don't.
That's business and has nothing to do with the Chinese Communist Party.

Don't be so silly.
DJI doesn't disclose their costs and profit margin just as any number of US companies don't.
That's business and has nothing to do with the Chinese Communist Party.
What is silly is people arguing day after day after day that American engineers are too dumb to build a consumer drone at the same price as DJI when they have zero knowledge of actual costs or government subsidy. The US government has accused DJI of "dumping" drones below cost in order to seize market share for more than seven years. None of this is news.

If you do not understand the legal relationship between the CCP and a "private" company like DJI, then you cannot understand the economic and political realities.

Reactions: mavic3usa
If you do not understand the legal relationship between the CCP and a "private" company like DJI, then you cannot understand the economic and political realities.
I understand that you and others repeatedly make that assertion without any evidence.
But repetition of something isn't proof.

Reactions: Torque
So you think the President of the United States should be focused on designing and building a drone like the Mavic to occupy and entertain the tiny fraction of people in the country who own and fly one? I would prefer the US government focus on military drones (sea, undersea, air and land) for military purposes which is exactly what I think they are doing. By the way, do you know the unit cost to build, ship and sell a Mavic 3 and DJI's margin of profit? Because I believe the numbers are CCP secrets.
lol....geeezuzzz. How did you get to that conclusion from what I wrote? You might want to review the post I was responding too

What is silly is people arguing day after day after day that American engineers are too dumb to build a consumer drone at the same price as DJI when they have zero knowledge of actual costs or government subsidy. The US government has accused DJI of "dumping" drones below cost in order to seize market share for more than seven years. None of this is news.
nobody is saying American engineers are dumb. They are saying they won't be focusing on consumer drones and that any company that might try and fill the market void left from banning DJI is unlikely to hire the best engineers

I understand that you and others repeatedly make that assertion without any evidence.
But repetition of something isn't proof.
Like I said before, if you do not understand the legal relationship between the CCP and a "private" company like DJI, then you cannot understand the economic and political realities. Its not a secret. Maybe spend a few minutes researching and figure it out.

Reactions: mavic3usa
nobody is saying American engineers are dumb. They are saying they won't be focusing on consumer drones and that any company that might try and fill the market void left from banning DJI is unlikely to hire the best engineers
So you are saying that the engineers are not dumb just "not the best." That is the distinction you are drawing. But please answer my question: do you know DJI's cost to build, market and sell a Mavic or not? Do you know if the price is subsidized by the CCP or not?

The cost differential is less based on the CCP than wages in Asian countries tend to be a fraction of the wages in the US. If the average manufacturing wage in the US is just under $26/hour, in China it is $6.50/hour. In Vietnam (Communist) and Malasia (non-Communist), it's half the wage of China.

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oldnumber7