DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

connecting cable

John32

Reactions
Hi guys
A lot of threads about connecting cables but i have still some questions on that.
1. Is any charging cable usb-a to micro usb, capable for connecting tablet to rc, or it has to be data or otg?
2. When we connect a device that uses lightening jack, is any usb-a to lightening cable ok or there is a need for a specific one.

What i mean by these questions is that i am confused by hearing that the charging cables are not the right ones for connection with the remote controler, but the cables have to be data transfer cables.
(The difference i think is the existance of 2 and 3 pin wiring)

Sorry i may be heared stupid but as about wiring i am really confused.
Thanks

1. Is any charging cable usb-a to micro usb, capable for connecting tablet to rc, or it has to be data or otg?

It has to be a data cable.

2. When we connect a device that uses lightening jack, is any usb-a to lightening cable ok or there is a need for a specific one.

What i mean by these questions is that i am confused by hearing that the charging cables are not the right ones for connection with the remote controler, but the cables have to be data transfer cables.
(The difference i think is the existance of 2 and 3 pin wiring)

It needs to be a data cable, otherwise it will only charge the device but won't transmit the data from the RC to your device.

You can't look at a cable and see from the outside if it is a data cable as well. You can try it and see if it sends data or buy one that you know will "sync" or send data.

From the Interwebs:

"The difference in USB cable types is only the fact that a charge-only cable is missing the D+ and D- data lines. It simply doesn't have those wires inside the cable.

You can test for continuity or resistance using a multimeter. Probe between the corresponding data pins: D+ on one side to D+ on the other, or D- to D-. The D+/D- lines are the middle two pins of a USB connector. Just select one on one side of the cable, and test continuity to both of the middle pins on the other side.

You will see no continuity or a high/"infinite" resistance on your meter if the cable is missing data wires and is a "charge only cable".

Technically USB requires the data lines to request more power from a host device, so a cable missing these connections would, in theory, only let devices charge very slowly. In practice most USB hosts will not enforce such a limit. It is also possible that some phones will refuse to charge without data lines in the cable."

TLDR: you can't tell the different from a simple visual cue.

Thanks guys
Conclusion is that the market sometimes behaves like fool. They could establish a marking on wiring to be easy to find out which wire is charging and which is data capable.
Any way.. Thanks a lot for your posts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO