DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

connecting RC-N1 and lavalier-microphone to iphone same time

fzahn

Reactions
Hello eveybody,

i have a DJI Mavic 3 and so I need to use the flyapp to operate the drone. As I do have the RC-N1 remote control without display, I have to connect my iphone via lightning connector to the remote. I want to record some audio via the iphone with a recording app at the same time and for that I want to connect a lavalier-microphone. Unfortunately the Lightning-connector of my iphone is now blocked and so I cannot attach my Rode AI-Micro Audio-interface, which would also use the lightning-connector.

Is there a way to connect both devices at the same time?

Regards,
Florian

I don't know if this item would work? 🤔

Since the port is being used, Bluetooth may be an alternate route to get audio on your device while flying.

Another option would be to have a separate recording device for audio and sync with the video during editing.

That's why movie companies use clapper boards to mark the scenes for editing. Both a visual and audio cue to sync the two tracks while editing the content.

Good luck with your pursuit Florian.

Last edited:
Hi,

thanks for the tip, but unfortunately not.
it does not support connecting a cabled microphone via BT. Only cabled speaker.... Its for the loudspeaker-part, but not for the microphone-part.

Regards,
Florian

Multiple connections to DJI controllers has never been a thing. I think the others' suggestion of recording on a separate device and then merging the sound while editing is the most sane way to go. Trying to make one device do double duty, whether it be controller or phone would seem to be clumsy at best.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike