DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecting secondary 5.8 reciever

D3R1CK84

Reactions
So I may have jumped the gun slightly. Just prior to getting my Mini, I printed myself some goggles and purchased a Eachines ROTG02 5.8gHz receiver. I did this in hopes of enhancing the experience instead of fighting the sun glare on my phone. However, it seems as though DJI has the video tx encrypted or something else I am unaware of. Is there a way to get this setup to work? I am also working on making a long micro to usb-c otg cable but would rather not go that route. Thank you in advance and suggestions are appreciated.

Derick

So I may have jumped the gun slightly. Just prior to getting my Mini, I printed myself some goggles and purchased a Eachines ROTG02 5.8gHz receiver. I did this in hopes of enhancing the experience instead of fighting the sun glare on my phone. However, it seems as though DJI has the video tx encrypted or something else I am unaware of. Is there a way to get this setup to work? I am also working on making a long micro to usb-c otg cable but would rather not go that route. Thank you in advance and suggestions are appreciated.

Derick
The only way to make it work reasonably well is to get a smart controller or other mobile device with a HDMI out port and use goggles that have an HDMI in port.

You are right DJI’s signal is encrypted so it can’t just be picked up by any 5.8 receiver.

The OTG solution will only work so long as your mobile device is the “screen” in the goggles. You can’t have the remote connected to more than one device at a time.

I think the part that you have to understand is all these these devices are digital so there has to be a “handshake” between devices to get them to work together. It’s not like in the old days of analog where you could just splice the cables and use anything you want. All the devices have to be talking to each other and speak the same language.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78