DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connection issue with dji go 4 app

nfarruggio

Reactions
Hello,

I have been flying for months with no issue, then all of the sudden the DJI Go 4 app would not connect to the drone. Instead of "go fly" it would say "enter device." It seems like the issue is with the RC to phone connection because I can enter the camera view on the app. Mind you, I flew the drone without issue 2 days prior. Here's some steps that I have taken to try and fix the problem, but the problem still persists:
-restarted RC, phone and drone
-turned things on in different orders
-tried connecting via the usb connection at the bottom of the RC using the usb cable that came with the drone that has the micro usb converter on the end of it (yes...the other usb cable on the side of the RC was disconnected)
-uninstalled and reinstalled dji go 4 app
The phone I am using is a Samsung galaxy s6. Any help would be much appreciated!!
-Nick

Hello,

I have been flying for months with no issue, then all of the sudden the DJI Go 4 app would not connect to the drone. Instead of "go fly" it would say "enter device." It seems like the issue is with the RC to phone connection because I can enter the camera view on the app. Mind you, I flew the drone without issue 2 days prior. Here's some steps that I have taken to try and fix the problem, but the problem still persists:
-restarted RC, phone and drone
-turned things on in different orders
-tried connecting via the usb connection at the bottom of the RC using the usb cable that came with the drone that has the micro usb converter on the end of it (yes...the other usb cable on the side of the RC was disconnected)
-uninstalled and reinstalled dji go 4 app
The phone I am using is a Samsung galaxy s6. Any help would be much appreciated!!
-Nick
Update....

I cannot enter camera view on the app.

I have been having this same issue on my MP1. I only use the bottom USB port. I have found that while holding the remote, using my pinky finger, if I put slight upward pressure on the USB cable (at the remote end) the issue will go away until I remove the pressure.

I have a new cable ordered to determine if it a cable issue or USB issue inside the remote.

Thank you for your response. I have tried wiggling every cable end but not luck. I'll have to try more of that though. Are you using the usb cable that came with the drone that has the micro usb adapter?

No, I'm using an aftermarket cable. I only use the micro USB port for charging. I have read many stories of that port failing due to wear or damage, so i have a magnetic micro USB tip that i keep installed on it at all times. Been flying this way since i got it which was just before Christmas of 2018, and my connection issue has just started in the last 5 flights. Doesn't happen every time, but scary when you have limited visibility due to trees. Luckily RTH has never failed me.

Gotchya. How do you secure the phone in place using the bottom usb port?

Also....i recently was able to get an iPhone to connect via the bottom usb port. Makes me think something is either going on with my phone or every cable I'm using to connect my android is bad lol.

The phone would still mount in the RC the same way. The USB is below where the phone is held. I use an android tablet and an android phone.

If you are only having the problem with android, then you need to change the USB settings on that device. Set it be PTP or file transfer.
Also, you may have to enable developer options and USB debug, but I'm not positive if that's necessary. I always activate that on any device that I have.

My initial advise was to use the USB data cable that came with your phone and if that works then replace it with a shorter quality cable. Make sure it is not a charge only cable.

What is troubling is that you state that you have been flying for months without issue. So what has changed? Could be some lint or other obstruction inside your phone or RC port blocking the connection or perhaps a recent Go 4 update that makes your phone no longer compatible.

The phone would still mount in the RC the same way. The USB is below where the phone is held. I use an android tablet and an android phone.

If you are only having the problem with android, then you need to change the USB settings on that device. Set it be PTP or file transfer.
Also, you may have to enable developer options and USB debug, but I'm not positive if that's necessary. I always activate that on any device that I have.
I do have my phone in developer mode. I tried playing with the usb settings but nothing worked :/.

My initial advise was to use the USB data cable that came with your phone and if that works then replace it with a shorter quality cable. Make sure it is not a charge only cable.

What is troubling is that you state that you have been flying for months without issue. So what has changed? Could be some lint or other obstruction inside your phone or RC port blocking the connection or perhaps a recent Go 4 update that makes your phone no longer compatible.
I have tried with a usb data cable. It's definitely something with my phone because I tried connecting with my wife's iPhone and it worked just fine. The strange thing is when I plug my phone into the RC it quickly vibrates (an indicator that a cable is connected to the phone). I guess my next step is a factory reset of my phone.

No, I'm using an aftermarket cable. I only use the micro USB port for charging. I have read many stories of that port failing due to wear or damage, so i have a magnetic micro USB tip that i keep installed on it at all times. Been flying this way since i got it which was just before Christmas of 2018, and my connection issue has just started in the last 5 flights. Doesn't happen every time, but scary when you have limited visibility due to trees. Luckily RTH has never failed me.
Would you mind sending me a link to the cable you are using to connect our phone to your RC?

Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair