DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connection troubles

if its the MM with the fly app have you made sure there is a SD card in the drone have your device connected to the RC turn on the RC and select the app after a short time the screen will say RC connected and a box with connect aircraft will appear at the bottom right of the screen
then start the AC and wait for it to link to the RC when it will say go fly in blue , touch the screen where the words are and you should see the screen change, and a picture come up that the camera can see

Reactions: Capt KO
Yes, it’s a Mavic Mini, with the card inserted and everything works fine in my two first flights. When I was about to do my third flight the connection was lost forever, with the app or even trying to connect without the app. the drone is apparently ok, it beeps searching linking but nothing happens.

if its the MM with the fly app have you made sure there is a SD card in the drone have your device connected to the RC turn on the RC and select the app after a short time the screen will say RC connected and a box with connect aircraft will appear at the bottom right of the screen
then start the AC and wait for it to link to the RC when it will say go fly in blue , touch the screen where the words are and you should see the screen change, and a picture come up that the camera can see

Have you tried the process on p29 of the users manual for initial connection? I assume you have tried "connect to aircraft" at the bottom of the control tab menu in DJI Fly.

Yes, it’s a Mavic Mini, with the card inserted and everything works fine in my two first flights. When I was about to do my third flight the connection was lost forever, with the app or even trying to connect without the app. the drone is apparently ok, it beeps searching linking but nothing happens.
this may sound silly but have you got a spare SD card to try,a similar thing happened to me after i had done a firmware update it just would not link to the RC so i powered down switched SD cards for a fresh one powered up and low and behold it linked fine ,but the best part was after it had linked i thought i would try the original card and i was very surprised when it just started up as normal these things happen sometimes for no reason

I would uninstall the Fly App and then reinstall it again, eventually from the DJI download site as AKP.

this may sound silly but have you got a spare SD card to try,a similar thing happened to me after i had done a firmware update it just would not link to the RC so i powered down switched SD cards for a fresh one powered up and low and behold it linked fine ,but the best part was after it had linked i thought i would try the original card and i was very surprised when it just started up as normal these things happen sometimes for no reason

Humm, your answer is not so silly!! These things happen... I will try this trick tonight, I have a spare card. I'm using one with 32 Gb, and have another 64 Gb virgin.

Reactions: old man mavic
try the app reinstall first and then my suggestion, i just remembered i did the app reinstall first before changing the SD card

I'll do this, thanks!. One more question: I formatted again the first card, it is in FAT32, the new one is exFAT and I formatted it this way. It matters anyway or not?
just had a quick look in the manual and it says both those formats are supported under camera specs

Reactions: WooZie
just had a quick look in the manual and it says both those formats are supported under camera specs

Thanks again Old Man Mavic, it worked!!!! I follow your recomendations (reinstall the app, format and reinsert the card), and the connection was possible again! First thing the app did was ask me to update the firmware, which I'm doing right now. I have no words to thank you! Kind regards!

Thanks again Old Man Mavic, it worked!!!! I follow your recomendations (reinstall the app, format and reinsert the card), and the connection was possible again! First thing the app did was ask me to update the firmware, which I'm doing right now. I have no words to thank you! Kind regards!
i am very pleased for you,just remember after you have taken out the SD card and downloaded it to your computer,make sure that you format it either in the computer or in the drone before you fly again, this will make sure you always have enough space to record on ,and if this issue ever happens again you now know how to fix it ,glad to be of help

Reactions: Bbarr and WooZie
i am very pleased for you,just remember after you have taken out the SD card and downloaded it to your computer,make sure that you format it either in the computer or in the drone before you fly again, this will make sure you always have enough space to record on ,and if this issue ever happens again you now know how to fix it ,glad to be of help

Yes, I always will remember that lesson. Your answer wasn't silly, but a killer one!

Reactions: old man mavic
A quick note about SD card format, FAT32 has a maximum file size of 4GB whereas exFAT has no such limit. The drone itself formats with exFAT I believe. If you shoot video at maximum quality I think you hit the 4GB barrier around 14 minutes.

To expand on that:
Most devices, including DJI and PCs will format cards less than or equal to 32GB as Fat32. Cards above 32gb technically can be formatted Fat32, but not easily. Instead it will be formatted ExFAT.
Either format, the AC will limit the video file to 4GB and continue recording on a separate file.

The link issues did appear on one of the firmware updates. Not having the SD installed at all was a solution. I suspect the logs that the AC puts on the card can get corrupted or incompatible on firmware update which causes AC initialization to not complete.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
libanczyk