DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connectivity question

Bampy

Reactions
New on here from a Parrot Bebop 2 so here’s my first question do buildings affect the connectivity to the drone?

New on here from a Parrot Bebop 2 so here’s my first question do buildings affect the connectivity to the drone?
Anything between Drone and the Remote control line can affect. Depending the drone and I mean the technology like OccuSync 2.0 allow you have some obstruction in between and still the signal penetrate, depending the distance or how big is the obstruction. The closer you are, the better. The Mavic Mini 1 for example is very sensible to obstruction and interference as well since is just enhanced Wi-Fi technology, the Mini 2 is OccuSync 2.0. Remember you should keep always VLOS.

There are techniques you can use to improve the connectivity.

It is safest to consider that your radio signal between you drone and controller is line of sight. As Zeusfl said, there is some leeway particularly with ocusync. You can gget away with trees and such, but if you fly behind a building, you are taking your chances and likely to loose your connection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mack_Attack