DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

connector type on controller

luis martinez

Reactions
I can't figure out how to order an extended cable for the M2 controller. I know the manual says is a type C, but every type C I have is round; this one looks square...????

1644371136379.png

see USB hardware - Wikipedia
The controller's socket is a micro USB type A socket, it accepts BOTH micro USB type A (rectangle) and B (phone connector with chamfered corners) type plugs BUT both MUST be correctly orientated.
The DJI cable has a type A plug and orientation is automatic because of the cable routing.
In addition the plug that goes into the controller's micro USB type A socket MUST, from memory, be OTG (It has a bit of additional wiring).
Normally a cable sold as an extended cable for a Mavic style controller would be on OTG cable.

You can also drive the phone off the central big USB type A socket in the middle of the swing out arms but you MUST disconnect the side entry cable in order for that socket to so function. This cable do not need to be OTG as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: luis martinez
see USB hardware - Wikipedia
The controller's socket is a micro USB type A socket, it accepts BOTH micro USB type A (rectangle) and B type plugs (phone connector with chamfered corners) BUT both MUST be correctly orientated. The DJI cable has a type A plug.
In addition the plug that goes into the controller's micro USB type A socket MUST, from memory, be OTG (It has a bit of additional wiring).
Normally a cable sold as an extended cable for a Mavic style controller would be on OTG cable.
Ah, many thanks. Now off to find one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy