DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Consolidating Mavic 2 Zoom and Mini into a Mini 3 Pro

anonyb

Reactions
Would appreciate some suggestions. I have a Mavic 2 Zoom (with "Fly More") and a mini. I've found a mini to be a perfect size for me, mainly for travel but also good for "backyard", so now a Mini 3 Pro would be a better choice to replace both M2Z and mini. Where should I try to sell the Zoom and Mini? What are the typical values for a lightly used M2Z, "Fly More", and a rarely used mini? Thanks!

I would suggest checking the prices reached in ended auctions in the likes of ebay. BUT if both are lightly used are you really that keen on flying a drone?

I sold my Mini 2 and my M2Z on eBay to fund the M3P. They take a hefty fee, but they regularly have 'specials' where they reduce the fees for a weekend or similar. I looked at sold prices to get a feel for what I'd get (sold the M2Z for about £500 and the (almost unused) M2 for about £400)

My thinking was that the M2Z was getting a bit long in the tooth and wouldn't work forever (mine had been flown *a lot* though), and the M3P has an equivalent-or-better camera. So better it fails in someone else's hands and not mine. It helped that my batteries were nearly-new as they'd been replaced by DJI as the originals had swollen.

With the M3P I get a lot more flexibility where I fly, so figured it'd get more use and I could live with it as my 'only' drone.

I sold my Mini 2 and my M2Z on eBay to fund the M3P. They take a hefty fee, but they regularly have 'specials' where they reduce the fees for a weekend or similar. I looked at sold prices to get a feel for what I'd get (sold the M2Z for about £500 and the (almost unused) M2 for about £400)

My thinking was that the M2Z was getting a bit long in the tooth and wouldn't work forever (mine had been flown *a lot* though), and the M3P has an equivalent-or-better camera. So better it fails in someone else's hands and not mine. It helped that my batteries were nearly-new as they'd been replaced by DJI as the originals had swollen.

With the M3P I get a lot more flexibility where I fly, so figured it'd get more use and I could live with it as my 'only' drone.
Sounds like you've got a good solution - Have fun with it!

I would suggest checking the prices reached in ended auctions in the likes of ebay. BUT if both are lightly used are you really that keen on flying a drone?
Checking eBay sounds like a good first step. In fact, having two (both were given by my kids for birthdays) is part of the reason why I've not been flying much - different apps, different remotes, aside from different features/settings, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661