DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Constant stutter on unedited video

Delenot

Reactions

I'm incredibly new to video editing and taking anything other than a 'Hey, get a video of that!' with my drone. Any ideas what I'm likely doing wrong that causes this?

Mavic Mini unedited footage
Flown in C mode
No filter
24fps
1080p
All other settings are on default/automatic.

Ya know what? I watched it on my phone and tablet and had stuttering both streamed from YouTube and direct from the card. Then watched it on my Chromebook and no stuttering from either YouTube or directly from the card. Currently away from my PC. Well at least it seems the drone is working fine! I attached a pic of my sd card, do you think it is sufficient?

And thank you very much for the reply CYBORG.

Attachments

• 20200725_200806.jpg
    20200725_200806.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 11

I'm incredibly new to video editing and taking anything other than a 'Hey, get a video of that!' with my drone. Any ideas what I'm likely doing wrong that causes this?

Mavic Mini unedited footage
Flown in C mode
No filter
24fps
1080p
All other settings are on default/automatic.
Too fast of a shutter for the frame rate. Need ND filters.

It looked ok on my mac. I get the stutter sometimes, I found that if I convert the file from .mov to .mp4 the stutter goes away. But I think the stutter is a playback issue, not a record issue.

Reactions: Delenot
Hi Delenot,
I can´t see any stuttering! Maybe you should try out 1080/60p with a shutter of 1/120sec. When you pan with the Mini you should pan very slowly, especially if you shoot in 1080/24p!
I edited a little bit your video. I did stabilize it a bit!

Thank you everyone. The advice is greatly appreciated!!! I think I'm getting the hang of still pictures and editing them, this will certainly help me along working with video!

Once again, this is exactly why I have such high respect for the forum.

Thank you everyone. The advice is greatly appreciated!!! I think I'm getting the hang of still pictures and editing them, this will certainly help me along working with video!

Once again, this is exactly why I have such high respect for the forum.
you´r welcome AlaskaGuy Thumbswayup
cheers Paul

Reactions: Delenot

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980