DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Control app other than DJI PILOT for Mavic 2 Enterprise (M2E)

I dont see any option to originate a flight plan in DJI Pilot
Are you using an iPad/iPhone? If so, then the current version is 1.1 and has no waypoint/mission features.

I am using an IPhone XS and and IPad Pro.
Yep. Just manual flight.
Drone Deploy worked for months unsupported now I cant fly missions.
It’s very disappointing that DJI doesnt provide an intelligent flight for their newest drone.

I am using an IPhone XS and and IPad Pro.
Yep. Just manual flight.
Drone Deploy worked for months unsupported now I cant fly missions.
It’s very disappointing that DJI doesnt provide an intelligent flight for their newest drone.
Roger that!

My opinion (and it’s only an opinion, based on the product itself and the presentation by DJI) is that the M2ED is an attempt to build a cheap(ish) and small form factor drone capable of basic SAR operations. The simple explanation to why there are no intelligent options and for that matter not even a zoom present, is the complete integration of the normal camera with the FLIR. I think that many people make the mistake to think the M2E and M2ED are a step up from the Mavic family, where in fact they’re a step sidewards (and slightly down) to broaden the possibilities of the proven reliable base, without having to create a completely new series.

Reactions: Jimm
My opinion (and it’s only an opinion, based on the product itself and the presentation by DJI) is that the M2ED is an attempt to build a cheap(ish) and small form factor drone capable of basic SAR operations. The simple explanation to why there are no intelligent options and for that matter not even a zoom present, is the complete integration of the normal camera with the FLIR. I think that many people make the mistake to think the M2E and M2ED are a step up from the Mavic family, where in fact they’re a step sidewards (and slightly down) to broaden the possibilities of the proven reliable base, without having to create a completely new series.

Exactly! I just got a M2ED today and got to say, it probably going back. I figured I could replace my M2 zoom with it and have the benefit of thermal when I wanted it, but all the stuff found on the M2z.

But no intelligent flight modes? Quick shots? Not even compatible with my Smart controller?! Wtf? All that stuff is all currently programmed and proven. Why take it away on a unit that costs 2x as much? I realize it’s not their intended use of it, but why keep it away? I’d love to have the accessory port for a strobe and flight aware on my zoom. So baffled.

Reactions: Partizans
Agreed. I’m using the Pilot app for now and hoping DJI embellishes it over time.

With the Pilot app does it allow automated flight paths? I'm a total newbie considering buying a M2ED to inspect solar installations. I don't think I'd be able to fly it on my own for a few months at least. I'm hoping there's a way to create waypoints and have the whole process to automated without my crashing the drone.

With the Pilot app does it allow automated flight paths? I'm a total newbie considering buying a M2ED to inspect solar installations. I don't think I'd be able to fly it on my own for a few months at least. I'm hoping there's a way to create waypoints and have the whole process to automated without my crashing the drone.

Pilot app has the capability of flying missions such as waypoints or mapping style.
I strongly recommend of rethinking your idea doing solar inspections with the M2ED due to its small sensor 160x120.

While its technically possible you should ask your clients, what they expect. Orthomaps, radiometric analysis of solar strings or cells.
For autonomous flights with a M2ED use GSPro.

Pilot app has the capability of flying missions such as waypoints or mapping style.
I strongly recommend of rethinking your idea doing solar inspections with the M2ED due to its small sensor 160x120.

While its technically possible you should ask your clients, what they expect. Orthomaps, radiometric analysis of solar strings or cells.
For autonomous flights with a M2ED use GSPro.

I used successfully the DJI Go app on the Crystalsky to control my M2E including all IFMs until I installed the latest firmware in October 2019. This firmware allows only the Pilot app with its known limitations (e.g. No IFMs) to control the M2E. Why this artificial limitation dear DJI? Please listen to your customer! Please reintroduce support for the GO app into the next firmware release. Is it so complicated?

Has anyone used any app other than DJI PILOT to control their Mavic 2 Enterprise?

If so, which app, and for what reason?

DJI claims that DJI PILOT is supposedly the only app capable of controlling the Mavic 2 Enterprise.
I started using Litchi when I got the M2ED

Helo. Like in the last version of DJI Pilot with ISO selection? It's just always Auto and no longer Manual. Have you noticed this? APK downgrade is not possible, does not allow DJI Smart Controller to do this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS