DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Control gimbal on smart controllers with long tap?

wco81

Reactions
So I've only used my iPhones with the controller that came with my Mavic 2 Pro.

But it appears newer drones are all going to smart controllers, the latest being the RC2 available for the Air 3.

With the M2P, I like to long press on my iPhone screen to swivel the gimbal left and right or up and down, as opposed to using the shoulder buttons, which don't move smoothly for me.

Can you long-press on any of the smart controllers for the newer drones (Mavic 3 series on) to control the gimbal or do you have to use the shoulder buttons or some other controls on the smart controllers?

Regardless the controller, I don't believe on the newer drones that you can press and hold on any screen or display and move the gimbal left and right. But it's been awhile, so I could be wrong.

Mavic3. RC Pro.
Long press gets you 5 degrees left or right, 90 down, 35 up.
Older firmware on both pieces, so if the newer firmware has made any changes to those numbers, I’m not aware and not willing to change anything at this time.

You can't long press and drag your finger smoothly and have the gimbal replicate the movement?

It will follow your finger, but only to the degrees listed above.
Do your fingers still work at 123 years old? (something for me to look forward to)

Last edited:
on the air 2s i was only able to look around like you described on your m2 using litchi. i was not able to use this feature while using the go fly app. able to look 180 right left

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne