DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Control Stick Error

MDXHawaii

Reactions
Hey, so two days ago, my controller fell out of my bag on the street. No visible damage or scratches of any sort, all apps work, everything seems perfect. When I took off, I got a message saying sticks weren’t calibrated, so I calibrated them. My gimbal dial now seems to be stuck after the crash and it will wander up or down unless I hold it very precisely in place. Is this part of the issue or am I missing something else? I just did the OTA controller update and I still got the error message.

I can still fly, it just takes an extra step to get there. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I would suggest that the most obvious conclusion is that dropping your SC has caused some internal damage. I’m not too sure what else anyone can say!

When you calibrated the sticks, did you also calibrate that gimbal dial? When I did my sticks it had me do that dial also.

Yep Agree with [U]InvisibleName[/U] , The SC is a bit weighty so that's gonna hit the ground with a thump, electronics aint gonna take to kindly to that, visibly it might not show any damage but circuit board could crack, component's damaged, if it hit the ground on one of the sticks or wheel controls then your gonna get potentiometer problems.

When you calibrated the sticks, did you also calibrate that gimbal dial? When I did my sticks it had me do that dial also.
I have to calibrate the sticks and dial every time I want to fly. Basically, I turn it on, have it take off, it tells me things aren’t calibrated (gimbal dial is finicky since the drop), then I have to land, turn off the drone, calibrate and I’m good to go. Haven’t had any issues so far doing this as far as being in air, but it’s very annoying.
I’m planning on going to my local repair shop tomorrow to see what if any they can do.

Yep Agree with [U]InvisibleName[/U] , The SC is a bit weighty so that's gonna hit the ground with a thump, electronics aint gonna take to kindly to that, visibly it might not show any damage but circuit board could crack, component's damaged, if it hit the ground on one of the sticks or wheel controls then your gonna get potentiometer problems.
I think what saved me was that my controller hit my tire then the ground so it basically softened the blow. The sticks were still in its slots when it happened and I’m amazed there were no scuffs and/or cracks to the screen. I think it really is just the dial

Yeah, something is wrong sounds like.
You have a local repair shop?? I have no clue what I will do if mine messes up except send it in... to somebody somewhere.. don't even know where that might be!

Yeah, something is wrong sounds like.
You have a local repair shop?? I have no clue what I will do if mine messes up except send it in... to somebody somewhere.. don't even know where that might be!
Yep, there’s a drone repair shop on Oahu. Not sure if they can do anything, but I’d rather go local before having to send it off to the mainland. Worst part is the best surf of the season is coming up and I’d hate to miss those because of a silly mistake on my part. Lesson learned, triple check that my bag is closed. Lol

Reactions: A.O.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme