DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controlled airspace authorization process.

UgashikBob

Reactions
Greetings:
Recently applied for and received a controlled airspace authorization for a recreational pilot that allows me to fly within a 1/4 mile radius of my home which is located 1 mile within the 5 mile radius of Bullhead City AZ International airport. I applied via drone zone and observed the altitude limits on the map linked below.
Had to supply lat/long info and a few other things but the process was very straight forward and I received my authorization in a little over 24 hours. Contacted the FAA support center with a few questions and they were very helpful and professional. Was told the authorizations were not drone specific and any drone you have registered can fly under the authorization but not concurrently unless you get a special waiver. If Bullhead City AZ International had completed the LAANC requirements I could of used AirMap to complete the process in almost real time.
Awaiting the next phase of the FAA roll out which will be the Pilot testing.

Greetings:
Recently applied for and received a controlled airspace authorization for a recreational pilot that allows me to fly within a 1/4 mile radius of my home which is located 1 mile within the 5 mile radius of Bullhead City AZ International airport. I applied via drone zone and observed the altitude limits on the map linked below.
Had to supply lat/long info and a few other things but the process was very straight forward and I received my authorization in a little over 24 hours. Contacted the FAA support center with a few questions and they were very helpful and professional. Was told the authorizations were not drone specific and any drone you have registered can fly under the authorization but not concurrently unless you get a special waiver. If Bullhead City AZ International had completed the LAANC requirements I could of used AirMap to complete the process in almost real time.
I like AirMap, but tire of approving every flight. For my main practice area, I would point out that via DroneZone you can get up to 2 years approval for an area. I have one for a 2 square mile area that has the edges of 2 airport NFZs.

Reactions: Gindra
I started using Airman as soon as my local airport (FDK) was up and running with LAANC. It has worked flawlessly every time I use it. I especially like that Airmap gives me the option to download and print a hard copy of the authorization.
Greetings:

Just realized that my autocorrect put Airman instead of Airmap. Oh well,I guess I should proofread my post before hitting enter.[emoji15][emoji15]
I started using Airman as soon as my local airport (FDK) was up and running with LAANC. It has worked flawlessly every time I use it. I especially like that Airmap gives me the option to download and print a hard copy of the authorization.

• Haha
I was not aware of that actually. I usually post from my cellphone and the autocorrect gets my frequently. Thanks for letting me know about that.
Not sure if you are aware of this, but you can edit any post that you made after the fact (if you are logged in) on this forum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98