DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller cable to iPhone

ronlsnell

Reactions
Brand new to this forum. I have an iPhone with a waterproof case (live in rainforest in Costa Rica). I have to take the case off every time I fly because the supplied cable is right angle at the phone and doesn't go deep enough into the slot (case prevents it). Where can I get a short cable that has the right connector for the controller (what is that called, anyway?) at one end and a straight lightning connector at the other?

Brand new to this forum. I have an iPhone with a waterproof case (live in rainforest in Costa Rica). I have to take the case off every time I fly because the supplied cable is right angle at the phone and doesn't go deep enough into the slot (case prevents it). Where can I get a short cable that has the right connector for the controller (what is that called, anyway?) at one end and a straight lightning connector at the other?

It’s a micro usb to lightening cable, eBay has loads of then

Thank you! Is it also possible to connect to my iPhone from the USB port on the bottom of the controller, or is that for other things?

No, it would have to be modified considerably because of the right angle, and this is a waterproof Lifeproof case because I live in the tropics. Of course I can take the case off, which I have been doing, but doing so too much sabotages the waterproof aspect. Anyway, if I can connect with a different cable that will solve the problem completely, so I appreciate the help.

Yes, I'm actually mixing things here because I'm in transition with my phone. My current phone has a Lifeproof case; my next one probably won't. Just trying to figure out the options for cords so I'm ready for anything. Since I live in Costa Rica, I try to take advantage of trips to the U.S. to get specialized stuff like this, and I have such a trip coming up in a couple of weeks. Thank you all for your helpfulness.

is this cable an OTG cable? I need a longer one since I created and printed a cover/hood so I wouldn't have to remove the case from my phone when I fly.
The only thing I can find with the right connectors is an OTG cable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson