DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller calibration issue that isnt?

James474474

Reactions
I have a weird but pretty consistent issue with my Air controller that has persisted for a long time.

I regularly get the constant beeping when I turn it on. Fiddling with the sticks prior to power on fixes this.

If I fly it indoors it behaves impeccably.
If I check the controller calibration it shows perfect centering and no issue. If I recalibrate this completes without issue.

However, more often than not when I fly outdoors I get yaw drift to the right. I have checked/recalibrated things like the IMU/compass etc, all make no difference.

When I am getting this issue if I check the calibration it is always off and the stick 'centres' to approx 13-16% right which is the thing causing the drift. Recalibrating outside shows 0% but when I start flying it reverts to 13-16% right centering. If I could configure a 20% deadzone or somehow get a real 0% calibration it would be perfect!

Any ideas?

I am actually wondering if it is temperature or wind although pushing the stick to 16% left or right actually takes a decent amount of force...

it sounds like there is an issue with the RC stick calibration have you done a calibration of the sticks they can also suffer from a magnetic field interference from an outside magnetic source

I too suspected magnetic interference with the RC as the sticks do use hall effect to detect position. But the interference would have to be quite near the RC.

Are there any accessories you use outside that you don't inside? Sun hood with magnets to hold it together perhaps?

No accessories. I have the controller and my phone galaxy s10. The only other thing I carry is the mavic air bag; I wouldnt carry that when testing indoors, but I will try that and see.

I wish it was possible to buy replacement. controllers, would make troubleshooting controller issues much simpler...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000