DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller charges but no data transfer?

RoarRoar

Reactions
So my controller has a little issue. I got it to charge today but it won’t connect to my phone via the micro usb. The regular USB port works and connects fine but the micro port seems to be not transferring data.

My thoughts are a bent pin in the port. I would send it in for service but I have a road trip planned in a few weeks and don’t want to run the risk of not having it back in time. I know it at least charges and works with the usb (at least for now).

I was just curious if anyone had a similar issue? Could you fix it? Did you have it fixed?

thanks.

A lot of us never use the micro USB port for anything other than charging. It is very fragile and prone to having the plastic tongue damaged as the port accepts a micro usb plug either way up. I use a “mag-safe” style plug that stays in the port, (it hasn’t effected the operation of the control sticks) with a short usb to lightning cable to an iPad mini4.

Reactions: RoarRoar
A lot of us never use the micro USB port for anything other than charging. It is very fragile and prone to having the plastic tongue damaged as the port accepts a micro usb plug either way up. I use a “mag-safe” style plug that stays in the port, (it hasn’t effected the operation of the control sticks) with a short usb to lightning cable to an iPad mini4.

I think that will be my next move. Its headed to service so we will see.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143