DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller connects then doesn't

Robert Leigh

Reactions
I'm tearing my hair out here, so I'd really appreciaie some help.

I run my Mavic Pro with a Google Nexus 7, the same tablet I used when I had a Phantom 3 Advanced.

This is my second Mavic Pro. The first wouldn't connect, no matter what I tried, then suddenly would. I thought it might be faulty so I had it changed. Then I had the same problem with this one, but then suddenly it would connect OK, and I've had several flights where everything has worked properly. I've even done a couple of small Litchi waypoint missions. But now it won't connect again.

When I couldn't connect before, I found that when I changed the USB cable, it suddenly worked, so I thought that might be the problem, but this morning, I tried every cable I have, and it still won't connect.

My home location doesn't even show up on the DJI Go map - all I get is the map for the place I was when I last flew it.

I keep wondering if it's something to do with the tablet. I always had connection problems with the Phantom , and when I sought advice here, I was told that the problem is often that the USB mode it set for 'charging', and that I should change it to 'file transfer'. Well, this iswhat happened this morning: when it wouldn't connect, I brought up the tablet menu (the one you get by running your finger downwards from the top of the screen) and sure enough, there was a sign saying 'USB for charging'. I touched it and got a menu that included 'file transfer' and ' MIDI' so I selected 'file transfer'. A sign then came up asking me to choose between DJI Go 4 and Litchi, and I chose DJI Go 4, but when it came up, it was still 'aircraft disconnected'. Then when I looked at the USB sign again, it was still saying 'USB for charging'.

I tried selecting 'file transfer' again and again (as soon as you select, the menu disappears, suggesting your selection has been acted upon} but every time, when I go to DJI Go 4, it has 'aircraft disconnected' and when I check the USB, it has 'USB for charging'.

I'm really at a loss here. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

You shouldn't need to change that setting about charging unless connecting to a computer.

I find it's quite important to start in correct order - so controller on, Mavic on and [only] then plug in the USB to the Nexus you started earlier.
Don't open the app manually let it ask which to choose when there is more than one option e.g. Litchi and your DJI Go for Phantom 3.
If you only have one app now it's OK to select always use that and it should open automatically when you connect the USB next time.

I suspect some of your problems might be from having used it with the older DJI app which is no longer suitable for Mavic.
Somewhere in settings you can forget previous associations, or if problems persist just uninstall all DJI apps and reload. You can use a file manager to delete the folder too if problems still don't go away.

Thank you so much for that advice. I will uninstall both Go and Litchi.

Just one thing: do you know how I can reinstall Litchi without having to buy it again?

Thank you so much for that advice. I will uninstall both Go and Litchi.

Just one thing: do you know how I can reinstall Litchi without having to buy it again?
It should still be 'yours' for life on same Google Play account.
Or don't uninstall it whenit's DJI app causing prblems.
When you re-connect after re-installing DJI it will ask about the 'new' suitable app when you plug in the USB.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northwolf88