DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Disconnected Error during flight

Rho

Reactions
Hi, everyone. I'm having strange errors in my last flights with my MPP. The one I'm most concerned about has happened to me twice this year. While flying my MPP, in direct line of sight, I've lost video feed from the drone. DJI GO4 app reports connection to controller lost, and persists even if I close the app and restart it.

In both cases, the controller still shows flight telemetry (Height, speed, RPM, etc), but the second time I could not pilot the drone (no yaw, pitch, ascend, descent, etc). Fortunately, I was still able to manually engage RTH and safely landed the drone.

I'm using the original cable (it's not bent) and controller. I'm running DJI GO4 in a Samsung S9+. I've had this drone for less than a year, Flight time is roughly 13 hours.

Can anyone shed a light on this issue? I hope it's just a defective cable.

Thanks in advance!

PD: Data logs to follow.

Flight records for the reported flights.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2019-06-23_[16-45-01].txt
    136.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DJIFlightRecord_2019-03-20_[17-40-59].txt
    140.2 KB · Views: 5
Here's my best quess based on my experience... Because the controller still has contact and telemetry, I'd really question the cable. I've had cheap new ones go out on me in a few weeks. Then I bought an Anker cable. Never fails. And try using the bottom USB port to see if things stabilize.

If you actually lose control, then my suggestion is not going to fix it.

Reactions: mrgolf30 and WAXMAN
Yep...the original DJI USB cable is a weak link...literally!! Get a good braided Anker with a 90 degree USB connector and run from the bottom USB on the controller instead of the charger port on side of Controller.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54