DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller had a read out: Lost signal, shortly afterward, lost the drone! :(

Tony Campbell

Reactions
We are in the process of building a sanctuary for our church. I have been taking pictures with my DJI Mavic Platinum as the facility progresses. I bought the unit the first of 2019 and only have a total of 6 hrs. and 51 mins. I had my cell phone in the airplane mode and the wi-fi off. My last flight was (according to my flight data lasted 8 mins. and then I got a read out on the controller: lost signal and shortly afterwards I lost the drone.
My question is: 1. Wasn't the unit supposed to return to the home point?
2. Does anyone know if the recorded flight data map on the cell phone will be pretty close to the area where it landed/settled down?
I have tried searching in the general area, and it is just about impossible because the area of woods is so thick.
Anyone have any ideas? Many thanks...................Tony

Could be the drone crashed, and that's why you lost the signal.
Was the church property so big that you couldn't have VLOS during that time?

Using the tile app and putting a tile on the uav is a great way to find it when lost. It has a proximity censor in the app to help you find it. Just need to be within about 100 feet of it. The app will give you alerts if someone else using the app goes by your tile as well and will send you a gps location over email.

Using the tile app and putting a tile on the uav is a great way to find it when lost. It has a proximity censor in the app to help you find it. Just need to be within about 100 feet of it. The app will give you alerts if someone else using the app goes by your tile as well and will send you a gps location over email.
If I locate my drone, I have looked at the Marco Polo locator. But now it is all hind sight, kinda like closing the gate after the cows have escaped!

Could be the drone crashed, and that's why you lost the signal.
Was the church property so big that you couldn't have VLOS during that time?
The VLOS was not possible because of a large oak between me and the drone. The drone was only about 150~200' away when signal was lost.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J