DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Holes

Rio634

Reactions
What are the two holes on the left side and right side rear of the controller for? Do they have a hidden use or do they just used for assembly at the factory

Reactions: Cafguy
I don't have the controller, but I peaked at the user manual.

Couldn't see anything in the manual about it.

Screenshot_20240227-083056.png

Probably assembly ports?

Some of the controllers may have threaded ports on the bottom for a neck lanyard?

🤔

Reactions: cameracamel
What controller do you have? I thought the old RC pro ( Screenless ) had extra mount holes for a crystal sky. True? The newer "Screen" controllers have two holes that let you attach a lanyard. And the Black "screened RC PRO has extra accessory holes on the front and back that most people attach a tripod mount to is this what you are asking?
1709041592266.jpeg

What controller do you have? I thought the old RC pro ( Screenless )...
Hmm... never heard of an "old" RC Pro?

To my knowledge DJI's line up for screened RC's have been...

First came the Smart Controller
Then came the RC Pro
And after that the cheaper DJI RC
And with the launch of the Air 3 & Mini 4 Pro came the DJI RC2

What are the two holes on the left side and right side rear of the controller for?...
As you have posted in the section DJI RC Pro Controller I assume that is what you have... & the holes you mean is the ones shown in below pic where the lanyard is attached.

1709045199201.png

Reactions: gppms
The holes I am talking about are on the back not the bottom. You can see them on the above diagram but they are not labled

Here's a photo showing the holes in question. I don't see any sign of a fastener head at the bottom, which would indicate access for assembly of the controller. I don't see threads on the sides which would allow something to be attached to the controller.

20240227_101629.jpg

Reactions: Torque
There's probably a fastner down in the hole with some anti tampering goo on top so it looks smooth. 🤔

Or alignment posts inside the controller to secure the components.

Either @MA2 317 ,above has the answer ,or i believe that they may be blanking plugs that hide a screw underneath
but i could be wrong of course,you would need a very fine exacto type modeling knife ,to prise them out if that was the case

Reactions: MA2 317
From DJI: The two screw holes at the back of DJI RC Pro are used for adjusting the hand feel of the control sticks. DJI RC Pro adopts the same dual-spring controller sticks as DJI FPV with the more accurate operation and smooth movement for an excellent control experience. The hand feel of the control sticks has been rigorously adjusted prior to the product being shipped from the factory. We suggest to refrain adjusting it on their own. We hope this helps. Thank you for your support. Happy Holidays!

Reactions: Jurgen and MA2 317
Those holes are there to adjust the stiffness of the sticks. You need a long 1.5 mm hex screwdriver. I know that because I opened quite a few of them to change the screen. Is just for that and nothing else.

Reactions: Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki