DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller jack

Columbian 73

Reactions
With no accidents of any sort, suddenly my controllere/tablet (Samsung TabA) wouldn't connect via wifi to the Air. Tried it with my phone, and got sporadic connection. Started jigglinf USB connectors and found the large plug going into the jack at the lower rear of the controller felt loose and caused wifi connection to go on and off. Is there a way to fix a loose USB jack in the controlleer without getting into DJI's lengthy and expensive repair service?

With no accidents of any sort, suddenly my controllere/tablet (Samsung TabA) wouldn't connect via wifi to the Air. Tried it with my phone, and got sporadic connection. Started jigglinf USB connectors and found the large plug going into the jack at the lower rear of the controller felt loose and caused wifi connection to go on and off. Is there a way to fix a loose USB jack in the controlleer without getting into DJI's lengthy and expensive repair service?
Review your warranty status first to see if you have any reasonable option there, because if you work on it yourself you could be sacrificing any available options there. However, search YouTube for relevant repair videos and assess whether your skills might let you do the repair yourself (while again giving up any warranty rights). Good luck.

Review your warranty status first to see if you have any reasonable option there, because if you work on it yourself you could be sacrificing any available options there. However, search YouTube for relevant repair videos and assess whether your skills might let you do the repair yourself (while again giving up any warranty rights). Good luck.
Thanks, James. I bought the drone used, so no hope of warranty. Taking it to a good local tech today. Also, from what I see, and several comments online, the controller often comes with striped screw heads.

I bought my Air used, less than a year old and DJI fixed it under warranty! They are great people, please try to contact them first and get status

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph