DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller keeps beeping

jakub.spe

Reactions
Hi Guys,

Today I got my MA2, went out for the first flight and when turning on my remote controller, it kept beeping like all the time. All updates are installed so it's not an issue.

I was trying to turn on drone first, then RC. RC first and then the drone. Always beeping. In the end, it stopped beeping, when I picket the drone from the ground.

What can be the reason? I really don't get a logic of that.

it is because there are obstacles in front or behind the drone, it will sense tall grass or a rise in the ground ,and also even you if you stand directly behind it and are to close
once you take off and go up past the obstacle it will stop, you will also get a visual indication on the screen showing how close you are as well

Reactions: Thomas B and Gindra
I have had this constant beeping issue occur several times now. It happens immediately after getting everything powered up and I am never sure what makes it start or stop. One time the beeping persisted after takeoff and gaining a fair amount of altitude over things like me and the surrounding grass.

If it's the obstacle avoidance system, will there be any indication of the issue in the fly app? I searched around the UI last time it happened and didn't see anything obvious. After reading this thread I will pay more attention next time it happens, maybe even briefly switch into sport mode (I understand that disables the avoidance system).

I browsed through the manual and didn't see anything about stick calibration, so not sure if that could be the cause.

When my controller continued to beep incessantly it turned out, for me, it was that the sticks needed recalibrated. The Go 4 app did NOT give indication. After attempting almost all else, I recalibrated the sticks and, silence was golden!

Face the same issue today. I flew inside a building. But I disabled both OA and APAS and I recablirate the stick, but it still keep beeping. I flew inside before few times but never face this issue. Can't fly outside for the time being due to temporary UAV flight restriction. So I can't test it in the open air.

Had same thing first flight, it was obstacle avoidance, you can see the bars on the app where the obstacles are, but not nearly as good as with the Go app.

Hi Guys,

Today I got my MA2, went out for the first flight and when turning on my remote controller, it kept beeping like all the time. All updates are installed so it's not an issue.

I was trying to turn on drone first, then RC. RC first and then the drone. Always beeping. In the end, it stopped beeping, when I picket the drone from the ground.

What can be the reason? I really don't get a logic of that.
Hello mate. If the batteries in the transmitter are all clear, then please make sure you have the cable for the "transmitter end" plugged in to the transmitter, and not the other way around. Otherwise an beeping alert will be raised if the controller is functioning correctly.

How/why do you “recalibrate the sticks”?
I see where i can recalibrate Compass or recalibrate IMU.
You re-calibrate when the sticks are off. I do believe the beeping is a signal that the sticks need calibration. It's the only way I've seen to stop the beeping.
At the top right hit the 3 dots then enter the control tab. Scroll down to RC Calibration and follow the instructions.

Reactions: dawgpilot
1st calibrate the dial or camera wheel and it must be centered
2nd calibrate the joystick to finish calibration
PROBLEM SOLVED.....

Attachments

• 1ST DIAL.png
    1ST DIAL.png
    147.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 2ND JOYSTICK.png
    2ND JOYSTICK.png
    148.3 KB · Views: 16
I had this issue, made hundred of calibrations, but beeping did not stopped. I called to our DJI dealer and they changed my controller with new one -never again beep, so call to the dealer and proceed with the replacement, the beep will not stop no matter you will do...

I had this issue, made hundred of calibrations, but beeping did not stopped. I called to our DJI dealer and they changed my controller with new one -never again beep, so call to the dealer and proceed with the replacement, the beep will not stop no matter you will do...
This might be true in your case but calibrating fixed mine and many others. If the calibration doesn't work then obviously the controller would have to be sent in for repair or replacement.

I’m having the same issue because the input on my right joystick stays in 0% in the calibration
just got the MA2 brand new, can’t even fly it now and the beeping drives me psycho

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000