DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Keeps Loosing Connection

michaeldallen1

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Mavic 3 Classic, DJI RC purchased last November 3 mos ago.
I'm flying in an unobstructed area on the coast, out on a jetty. Clear shot for miles both ways.
I have flown this site many times, longest distance was 4.7 miles (one way) down the coast.
Now I am loosing connection and RTH activates at a distance of 3200 - 3700 feet.
I can see the drone.... and connection abruptly ceases.
This happened last week, same spot, and while checking settings on controller I checked for updates.
There was one. (I had just updated controller last month to get way points).
So I did the update.
That seemed to solve the problem. I did a 2 mile flight (same location) Horray!... I thought.
But today, same site a week later problem returns.
Any ideas.... anybody?
Attached are screen shots of .... just prior to connection failure and after failure.
Totally baffled.
Images taken from Controller SD card via VLC Media Player - Frame Grab feature.

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Tuskegee Airman
Mavic 3 Classic, DJI RC purchased last November 3 mos ago.
I'm flying in an unobstructed area on the coast, out on a jetty. Clear shot for miles both ways.
I have flown this site many times, longest distance was 4.7 miles (one way) down the coast.
Now I am loosing connection and RTH activates at a distance of 3200 - 3700 feet.
I can see the drone.... and connection abruptly ceases.
This happened last week, same spot, and while checking settings on controller I checked for updates.
There was one. (I had just updated controller last month to get way points).
So I did the update.
That seemed to solve the problem. I did a 2 mile flight (same location) Horray!... I thought.
But today, same site a week later problem returns.
Any ideas.... anybody?
Attached are screen shots of .... just prior to connection failure and after failure.
Totally baffled.
Images taken from Controller SD card via VLC Media Player - Frame Grab feature.
I’m curious about this also. I have a Mavic 2 Pro and lost signal over water after reaching around 3,500 feet.

Possibly a problem with that location? Intermittent Interference of some kind.

Not to minimize your question, but if I could see 3700 feet, much less 4.7 miles when I get 70 I'll be happy with it.

Reactions: Richard R
I brought a secondhand Mavic 2 Pro, with Smart Controller, last year, (3 years old then) after getting out of beginner mode, and at various locations, I intermittently get a message saying loss of signal, even at 30m, other times, same location, could go to max altitude and 800m away. There was no loss of control of the aircraft. Upon reviewing drone video there was no loss of vision, however in the controller recorded vison, in the cache and the SD card, showed intermittent panning and loss of color. Aircraft and controller are up to date with firmware upgrades.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada