DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller not charging

Eagle430

Reactions
Today I tried to charge one battery and my controller , I did that a lot of times in the past. I am using the DJI charger. The charger charged fully the battery but the remote control does not charge, it doesn't have any lights turn on or any indications that is connected to the charger. I am using the side micro usb port. When I turn the power plug I hear a "whining " sound. I don't know why all of a sudden this happened? The controller turns on fine with remaining battery 60%. But it will not charge for some reason. Any suggestions?

Try a different cable but could possibly be a damaged USB port, you have to make sure you insert the cable connector the correct side up.

@Eagle430 unfortunately the side micro port has always been a weak spot on the mavic RCs as it is very easy to damage it, if the cable is plugged in the wrong way up ,as @THE CYBORG said try another cable first ,you will still be able to connect the device to the RC using the larger USB port on the bottom of the RC but you will not be able to charge the RC with that USB

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Ive charged it many times in the past with out any issue , I am aware of the correct side of the micro usb, Can it be charged in any other way? I have used different plugs-connecting it to a phone charger etc. but nothing seems to work

Update: I have connected my mobile phone to the dji charger and it's charging,.so I assume the micro usb in the charger is not damaged. Is there anything else I can try ? I tried charging the controller with the a wall socket and a mobile charger but again is not charging.

Is it possible to charge the controller from the back usb port?

Have you co tacked DJI. Could be a defective unit or cord.
As I wrote earlier I connected my mobile phone on the dji charger and it's charging so I guess the dji charger's micro usb is ok. On the other hand I tried charging the controller via a wall socket and also from my pc but still it doesn't charge. Everything shows the micro usb port in the controller broke . I hope it will not be too expensive to repair, that's why I asked if it can be charged from the rear usb port

Good question, but I don’t think so, when I used a tablet for a display in the bottom USB port it charged the tablet but I am unsure if the port on the controller could be used the other way & take charge from a wall charger.

Update: I tried to fly my drone today , my controller had 61% battery even it could not charge.
Unfortunately the dji go 4 app didn't connect with the drone. I thought it would not be an issue since I am using the back usb port to connect to my tablet. I tried everything , even changing the usb cable, restarting drone/controller/ tablet. I even signed out from the app and signed in again.
This caused me a paid job today and am very frustrated about it. I didn't expect DJI to have this kind of problems, since I never ever had such an issue with the 2 years of owning a parrot anafi.
Any idea why this happened/ is it a common issue?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent