DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

controller not pointing the drone when flying

lhoffstadt

Reactions
hi everyone, I'm using the last version 1.3.0 with the new attitude indicator and I have notice that if the drone is hovering in front of me and I'm facing the controller to the drone, the blue dot on the map is not facing the drone, is always facing left almost 90 degrees.
I have calibrated the controller, I have calibrated the Mini 2 and is not solving the issue.

I'm always using Wifi, GPS and Bluetooth on my phone, not sure if this might be causing an interference.

I have ask DJI Support and they have ask me for a picture of the issue, but I was wondering if anyone may have experience this issue and what would be the way to solved this.

Thanks
Luis

hi everyone, I'm using the last version 1.3.0 with the new attitude indicator and I have notice that if the drone is hovering in front of me and I'm facing the controller to the drone, the blue dot on the map is not facing the drone, is always facing left almost 90 degrees.
I have calibrated the controller, I have calibrated the Mini 2 and is not solving the issue.

I'm always using Wifi, GPS and Bluetooth on my phone, not sure if this might be causing an interference.

I have ask DJI Support and they have ask me for a picture of the issue, but I was wondering if anyone may have experience this issue and what would be the way to solved this.

Thanks
Luis
does your device have a compass if not the pointer will not work, my tablet doesn't have a compass so it will not work on my mini 2 but as your flying there's a line showing the direct line back to the HP showing on the map view.

Last edited:
You have 2 factors that will affect that ...

The first is of course what's already mentioned, your mobile device needs to have a compass module.

The second is that the mobile device module can be showing the wrong direction as it's disturbed by the controller itself. If this is the case, just bring up some other compass app & calibrate the compass while it's attached in the controller (usually moving it in a figure 8 ... or half turn each of the 3 axis a couple times)... can work even without bringing up a separate compass app.

Yeah, I'm going to say it just is how it is. That new indicator never has really worked properly and my device HAS a compass.. I just no longer try to use the indicator its functionally worthless in my view.

FWIW... Version 1.2.2 messed up my compass. Version 1.2.4 seemed to fix it and I've had no problems with 1.3.0.

does your device have a compass if not the pointer will not work, my tablet doesn't have a compass so it will not work on my mini 2 but as your flying there's a line showing the direct line back to the HP showing on the map view.
Please forgive this possibly under educated response..
I have a M2p where the direction indicator was consistently pd from detention of flight, relative to HP. when I opened the map screen there is a "pointer", looks like a compass. Hitting that icon switched the relative direction from "north" to "direction relative to HP" (my term). That way the direction of travel was consistent related to my HP.
naturally this may be all unrelated to your screens Lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925