DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller not turning on after antenna mod.

Reactions
Hi basically I just did the antenna mod where you replace the stock antenna with sma connectors so you can attach whatever antenna you wish. I was very carefull as well but now after putting it back together my controller does nothing. No lights or anything. I have put it on charge and still nothing..... I did post this is the mavic mini hardware mod section as well sorry for the double post. I have only had it for around 2 weeks so I'm panicking thinking now it is dead? I'm not sure what is wrong or if someone has had this problem and fixed it. Any help will be so much appreciated. Thank you

A daft question, have you double checked that you remade any connections you 'broke' i.e. plugged plugs and ribbons into sockets? The following is a good article though the controller dismantling is perhaps a bit brief

Well it appears I am an idiot. I panicked and after taking it back apart 4 times and checking again it was due to a little but if glue on the edge of the ribbon cable not letting it press down just right. Well that got my heart going I actually thought it was dead. Just checked launched the mini quickly and it appears it is all working fine. Thanks for the replys and help. Even though this mod is pretty easy I can see a lot of people ripping either the ribbon or power cable with that glue there. I used a scalpel I have handy but I wouldnt reccomend that to anyone else incase you slip. Just to get some of the glue away.

I just want to add the antennas that come in the kit are ridiculous lol they are about 2 foot long. I'm not sure if I'll use these or switch them out for something better. I'll do a test flight tommorow and see how these go first.

A tooth pick or shaped matchstick is a handy tool or angled needle nose tweezers

Yep I agree with that I have some little angled reverse tweezers. Without them I think the battery connector would have broke. Luckily they didnt add more glue because this amount was a pain. I'm hoping I get a solid video feed now with some custom antennas. I have a 2w wifi amplifier arriving tommorow as well so should be really nice and smooth. And hopefully a little extra range in a built up area would be nice as well.

Now I need to form something to mount my amplifier on the back of the remote. I'm not sure whether to use a power bank and power it via usb or use an adapter and use a lipo as a bit smaller? Sorry gone a bit off topic. Thanks for the advice again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada