DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

controller powers off in 3seconds

Reactions
good morning mav men ...my name is ray...when i go to start my controller to connect to the drone , the controller dies within 3 to 5 seconds after starting it.....the battery can be at %100 or %20 that doesnt matter....but when i plug in the controller to charge it ,it will stay on...im using a samsung tab A...i had some issues but a reset solved the problem and the controller dies whether its plugged in to the tab a or not.....does anyone got any ideas where the problem is

Just to rule out the obvious, you are turning the controller on by pressing and releasing the power button then quickly pressing and holding the power button for a couple of seconds?

Is there a pinhole reset button o the controller? I haven't checked but I would be trying to reset the thing. Have you tried plugging it into a PC / DJI Assist?

You may be pressing the power button twice, but the second press needs to be a hold until you see the word “Connecting” on the screen. Just pressing the power button twice only gives you the battery charge level. Similarly, turning the remote off is a press then press and hold until you see the word “Shutdown”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mossiback
To put it simply, controller power sequence is the same as AC. Just about all DJI products have that sequence. Only difference is the feedback that it's "locked" on is different.

We all have brain farts. Even after having owned and flew my P3, at one point I couldn't turn it on because I wasn't doing it right.

And your advice is.....?
I would think a little more detail is needed to evaluate the issue.
1. Has the aircraft been flown recently? or been in storage?
2. What is his charging procedures?
3. How old is the remote? One could have had/used it before joining the forum.

What I don't know is the remote's battery a 3-cell like the bird? Most pay particular attention to the cycle counts on the birds' batteries and we must think the count on the remote would be times every how many batteries we have.

My advise would be buy a new remote. Their price is only about the cost of two drone batteries and I would enjoy the coming fall weather.

I’m not sure if replacing the controller is the first option
Yes, the battery in the controller is a LiPo so this could be an option but pretty unlikely.
I agree more information is needed to give more advice, but the initial advice given seems reasonable as a starting point with no other information given

RC doesn't tax it's battery like the ACs do so not much call for charge count.
I'm pretty sure it contains one cell. After all, you charge it from a USB connection.

I would think a little more detail is needed to evaluate the issue.
1. Has the aircraft been flown recently? or been in storage?
2. What is his charging procedures?
3. How old is the remote? One could have had/used it before joining the forum.

What I don't know is the remote's battery a 3-cell like the bird? Most pay particular attention to the cycle counts on the birds' batteries and we must think the count on the remote would be times every how many batteries we have.

My advise would be buy a new remote. Their price is only about the cost of two drone batteries and I would enjoy the coming fall weather.
Really!!! my advice is to find out if it under warranty if not send it to a repair center like thunder drones and have a new battery installed for a fare price..

Really!!! my advice is to find out if it under warranty if not send it to a repair center like thunder drones and have a new battery installed for a fare price..
I have sent mine to Rob over a year ago, seeing that the OP joined in January of 2018, I'm "guessing it's out of warranty. Knowing the shipping cost to and fro, the possibility it could be something else and the downtime. Buying a used replacement from a "Lost/crashed my drone member" to "me" sounded reasonable.

There are 3 listed in the Classified Section right now for $100 each with $15 shipping.

Last edited:
**** not a bad price!! they were a lot more sorry. maybe i should grab one for a backup myself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54