DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller sound

360 Guy

Reactions
Is the sound (beeping) from inside the controller or is there a speaker outlet that I can't find?
Just asking is all.

TIA

Inside the controller is a piezo buzzer. there are no speakers.

Is the sound (beeping) from inside the controller or is there a speaker outlet that I can't find?
Just asking is all.

TIA
It can easily be silenced, or just muffled, with an appropriately drilled hole in the case, and applying pressure to the top of the then visible transduce with a Q tip stick end, minus the cotton.

It let's you know that the control sticks need calibration. Very important to takeoff and fly correctly.

It let's you know that the control sticks need calibration. Very important to takeoff and fly correctly.
Never had any DJI controller ever need control stick calibration, over the last 6 years and dozens of controllers!

Well aren't you just a fancy boy.

It leads to loss of control
My point is that needing repeated control stick calibration is a sign of something wrong, most likely a defective controller. Properly functioning controllers do not need control stick calibration, let alone repeated recalibration! If you abuse your controller, anything is possible, but under normal use, the sticks should not require calibration.

For clarity, the purpose of the internal transducer is not for notification of sticks needing calibration. Its primary purpose is beeping for RTH, Autolanding, and reminding you that the controller is still on! The app will let you know if your sticks need calibration. I've never been so notified in over 500 hours of flight! It's not normal!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000