DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller to phone connection lost

KELLARK

Reactions
This has happened 2 times since upgrading to latest firmware.

While flying my Mavic Pro I lost the connection between my controller and DJI GO app.

I still could control the MP via the remote but I had no connection to my phone.

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018)

Latest firmware on all and latest DJI Go app.

1st time the MP wasnt far away but and I could control the MP but I paniced and pressed RTH and it returned. I cancelled RTH and landed manually.

2nd time the drone was at 500 meters so I couldnt see the orientation. I pressed RTH and hoped it was returning. It did RTH and once it was overhead I manually landed it.

This doesnt happen every flight but its very unnerving when I dont have orientation data.

I am using the stock DJI USB type c cable which doesnt have alot of use.

Any thoughts?

Those stock cables can be finicky. They dont always go straight into the phone and lean to one side.
Get a good quality cord that is a data capable (not a cheap charge only cord) plug it into the bottom USB port and completely remove the stock cord from the remote.

Those stock cables can be finicky. They dont always go straight into the phone and lean to one side.
Get a good quality cord that is a data capable (not a cheap charge only cord) plug it into the bottom USB port and completely remove the stock cord from the remote.
Have you experienced the same thing? Did the new cable solve the issue?

I still have the brand new Samsung cable that came with my phone. Is that good enough quality to do the job?

Have you experienced the same thing? Did the new cable solve the issue?
I use an Iphone or Ipad . But the issue is the same. The way the cable is held in the phone clamp on the controller is not very stable for Androids or Apples. It is real easy to get the clamp a little crooked which makes the plug "lean over" in the phone connector.
MOST cheap replacement phone cards are charge only for androids. So make sure you use an OEM cable, or a quality replacment with the bottom port. This way the cord is easier to find, and it is independent from the wonky holder in the phone clamp arms.

I still have the brand new Samsung cable that came with my phone. Is that good enough quality to do the job?
Yes! Make sure to completely remove the side mount cord from the remote!

I use an Iphone or Ipad . But the issue is the same. The way the cable is held in the phone clamp on the controller is not very stable for Androids or Apples. It is real easy to get the clamp a little crooked which makes the plug "lean over" in the phone connector.
MOST cheap replacement phone cards are charge only for androids. So make sure you use an OEM cable, or a quality replacment with the bottom port. This way the cord is easier to find, and it is independent from the wonky holder in the phone clamp arms.

I bought all new cords for the side and bottom ports. Those short cords just don't cut it for me. Total pain!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent