DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controlling drones with a smart glove

• Thread starter Deleted member 65595
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 65595

Some students at my university have made a smart glove that can control drones. All newer DJI drones are compatible. Really makes for an intuitive flight. I tried it myself and believe that this technology will become mainstream in a couple of years.

Reactions: zwt100
I’ve seen this already with some toy drone, it’d fit better in those type of drones imo, I’d rather use controllers for professional drones instead of gloves, but it’d be fun as hell with a Spark!

Reactions: mrparish
I’ve seen this already with some toy drone, it’d fit better in those type of drones imo, I’d rather use controllers for professional drones instead of gloves, but it’d be fun as **** with a Spark!
I understand what you are getting at. It was really scary to let them use my Mavic for this at first. But as you get the hang of it you get more confident. I really believe complex movements could be done easier with this glove. We all know how hard it is to fly in a perfect circle with sticks...

I understand what you are getting at. It was really scary to let them use my Mavic for this at first. But as you get the hang of it you get more confident. I really believe complex movements could be done easier with this glove. We all know how hard it is to fly in a perfect circle with sticks...

True indeed, but imagine me, wedding photographer, full black suit, sunglasses, flying a drone with just gloves, I laugh my a** off just from thinking about it xD

True indeed, but imagine me, wedding photographer, full black suit, sunglasses, flying a drone with just gloves, I laugh my a** off just from thinking about it xD
Haha that's true. Hadn't really seen this from a professional point of view. For me it's mostly a cool gadget that may make some shots easier. It might be so that this glove is better suited for hobbyists than professionals

Btw, congratulations on your job. You get to use your Mavic a lot when making wedding movies?

Btw, congratulations on your job. You get to use your Mavic a lot when making wedding movies?

Yes, almost everyone requests drone services now, next year, from the 41 weddings I’ll have, 38 requested drone, it’s actually a big responsibility flying one of these, if I crash it, I won’t be able to use it on the other weddings. Currently looking for cheap drones just to keep as a replacement.

Yes, almost everyone requests drone services now, next year, from the 41 weddings I’ll have, 38 requested drone, it’s actually a big responsibility flying one of these, if I crash it, I won’t be able to use it on the other weddings. Currently looking for cheap drones just to keep as a replacement.
Mavic Pro 1st gen. Is dropping fast in price since the mavic 2 came out. But back to the topic: Good, old fashion sticks seems to suit you better

Mavic Pro 1st gen. Is dropping fast in price since the mavic 2 came out. But back to the topic: Good, old fashion sticks seems to suit you better

I noticed, but I’m into the Phantom 3 Advanced, I’ve seen some very cheap around my area.

The best part here is witnessing the success of young minds at work. Bravo to these young men.

The best part here is witnessing the success of young minds at work. Bravo to these young men.
Totally agreed! These people are developing a product whilst maintaining decent grades. None of the 16 students involved in this have graduated yet, that is impressive

Reactions: Chopstix Kid
Must note that there are some similar gadgets on the market. But I don't think I have seen anyone so well suited for DJI drones. Even the app interface is similar to DJI's own app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom