DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

converting hyperlapse folder to a video

JerseyFlyer67

Reactions
I was attempting a Hyperlapse and the video did not finish synthesizing before I landed the drone and it exited the program. I am now wondering how I can convert the 500 pics into a short video.

Please advise.

Andrew

Welcome to the forum.
Try powering back up to let it finish

Reactions: Thomas B
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

I like the suggestion in @dirkclod’s post.

please let us know if it works... I am always twitchy as I watch the battery decline while my M2P completes processing of a hyperlapse.

Reactions: dirkclod
Open premiere pro.

Import

Select the first picture. Click the box that says “import as sequence.”

To make it easier to work with in premiere pro, drag it onto to the timeline and select “render and replace”

Then search for warp stabilizer under the effects menu and drag that on to the sequence.

Most all video editors will support loading a folder of still images and turning them into a video at your chosen frame rate.

I was attempting a Hyperlapse and the video did not finish synthesizing before I landed the drone and it exited the program. I am now wondering how I can convert the 500 pics into a short video.

Please advise.

Andrew
My first question would be, how did you save your files to the SD card? I usually do timelapse and hyperlapse by saving RAW files. That folder of RAW files is used for the processing. There are several You Tube videos how to do this (just search Your Tube for processing hyperlapse). For my own work, I use the best software for this, called LRTimelapse. They have a free version. www.LRtimelapse.com. The software uses Adobe Lightroom.

My first question would be, how did you save your files to the SD card? I usually do timelapse and hyperlapse by saving RAW files. That folder of RAW files is used for the processing. There are several You Tube videos how to do this (just search Your Tube for processing hyperlapse). For my own work, I use the best software for this, called LRTimelapse. They have a free version. www.LRtimelapse.com. The software uses Adobe Lightroom.
Thank you for this information. I will look into this and give it a try.

Andrew

Andrew:
When you go to the LRTimelapse web site, and watch the tutorials, it is a bit intimidating at first. But Gunther Wegner is an excellent teacher, and the free version is very capable of doing what you need. Look at his work first and sit there in awe. Then, watch the first or 1st and 2nd tutorials for beginners. It is really quite simple and easy once you follow the steps which are self-explanatory. The steps are in order on the work sheet, just follow each prompt.

Other web sites use Lightroom for hyperlapse but they cannot account for flicker, variable light changes, etc.
Feel free to contact me for any questions on a private conversation.

Dale

Reactions: JerseyFlyer67
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143