DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Coral Gables,The City Beautiful

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
This 3:15 minute video depicts some scenes from Coral Gables, who's motto is The City Beautiful. It is also the city of trees, and they are beautiful. This video depicts some of the streets and scenes near my home. The city is within the city of Miami, Dade County with a separate government. Coral Gables was one of the first planned communities, and its planning was based on the popular early twentieth century City Beautiful Movement. It is infamous for its strict zoning regulations.The city was developed by George Merrick during the Florida land boom of the 1920s. The city's architecture is almost entirely Mediterranean Revival style, mandated in the original plan. Many streets are lined with ficus trees with a rich root system, and form overhanging tunnels over the streets.

This film features timelapse and drone photography and hyperlapse photography, a type of timelapse photography where the camera moves.
DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone, Nikon D750 DSLR body, Nikon 28-300mm, f/3.5-5.6 lens, and DJI Osmo Mobile gimbal for hyperlapses. Software used included Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro video editing, and LRTimelapse.

Thanks Tom. No, I do not have a boat. When I moved to Miami from Chicago/St.Louis (med school/residency) I considered it, but quickly demurred. I was always told, "a boat is a hole in the ocean, into which one pours money."

It is not that I have not been on a boat- quite the contrary- I hitch rides with friends with boats, and infrequently hire a fishing guide out of the Florida Keys. Much cheaper than owning.

As soon as I saw a post from Florida I thought it might be another contribution from Dale and I was not disappointed. The driving on those turnarounds makes me nervous just watching. It is a treat to start my morning with such a wonderful video. Thanks for sharing. I like how you transition from Montana to Florida.

A lot of work was involved in this video. Very nice, I love those trees.
Thanks for that! Yes- it was a lot of work for sure. But a labor of love. I would estimate two days of shooting (about 3 hours a day) , and 8 hours of editing , or 14 hours total for 3 1/2 minute video.

As soon as I saw a post from Florida I thought it might be another contribution from Dale and I was not disappointed. The driving on those turnarounds makes me nervous just watching. It is a treat to start my morning with such a wonderful video. Thanks for sharing. I like how you transition from Montana to Florida.
Thanks for those kind words. Both Montana and Florida have their own characteristics, and I try to take advantage of each. I love both places.

Oh Dale another of your Joyous Florida Videos brightening
all our lives......Thank you, already looking forward to the next.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User