DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Corn Harvest In Iowa

I must say that many of the videos on the forum are just soso but this one is the exception. Great photography, great editing, great colors, good music' . All around pleasurable. Really nice job.

I must say that many of the videos on the forum are just soso but this one is the exception. Great photography, great editing, great colors, good music' . All around pleasurable. Really nice job.

That means a lot, thank you for the feedback!

The makings of a great music video! As a displaced farmer myself, that's great to see, love that 8 row header on the combine.

The makings of a great music video! As a displaced farmer myself, that's great to see, love that 8 row header on the combine.
Thank you! The technology in today’s combines is crazy. The combine here runs on GPS auto steering. Once the head finds the corn row it keeps it centered over hills and curves!

Reactions: tleonhar
Video shot with Mavic Air.

Thank you!
I loved this video! I love that you guys out there are doing such a great job in bringing products to the world. And of course, loved the Luke Bryan, "Here's To The Farmer" sound track.

Reactions: mmlaverman
Well done. Tells a story with perfect music to build respect, especially for an urban type person. So the crop looks like grain, not ears of corn. What do you call that equipment? Is that a family farm? Or corporate enterprise? Uneducated coastal person here ...

Well done. Tells a story with perfect music to build respect, especially for an urban type person. So the crop looks like grain, not ears of corn. What do you call that equipment? Is that a family farm? Or corporate enterprise? Uneducated coastal person here ...

Great questions! I'm very proud to say this is a family farm, my grandparents originally owned the land and passed on to my parents. The equipment used to harvest is a grain combine.

Video shot with Mavic Air.

Thank you!
Just fantastic! Everything just moves perfectly with everything else. Whose music is this? I’m surprised that I’ve not heard it anywhere. I know sheltered life I lead, lol. My wife and I have lived in Western Iowa now for almost 4 years and it really keeps getting better and better. I thought as a life long Chicagoian that I would ever like it here and now I just can’t imagine going back to that nonsense. There’s really something to be said for a simpler less pressured way of life. Here’s to Iowa and the people who make it what it is, a taste of Heaven.

Reactions: mmlaverman
Thanks for the wonderful comments! Song is Here's To the Farmer and artist is Luke Bryan.

Great questions! I'm very proud to say this is a family farm, my grandparents originally owned the land and passed on to my parents. The equipment used to harvest is a grain combine.
Understand your great pride. Are the combines really collecting ears of corn? Is it the height of your bird that diminishes them in size? What happens to the waste left behind, plowed under? Left to decay? Compost? Are the operators in your video your father and brother? Other? I really am lacking in education.

Understand your great pride. Are the combines really collecting ears of corn? Is it the height of your bird that diminishes them in size? What happens to the waste left behind, plowed under? Left to decay? Compost? Are the operators in your video your father and brother? Other? I really am lacking in education.
Thanks for all the interest in the farm! Yes, the combine collects the ears of corn and shells the ears. It's the kernels that are collected and dumped into the the grain cart. The corn is approx. 7-10 feet tall, yes the bird gives the illusion of a shorter stock of corn.

The stock is discharged and cultivated into the ground as natural fertilizer. The operator of the combine and tracker is my father and mother, this is a true family operation!

I have created a new video. Not really sure how to post it to this forum. Please advise.

Thanks for all the interest in the farm! Yes, the combine collects the ears of corn and shells the ears. It's the kernels that are collected and dumped into the the grain cart. The corn is approx. 7-10 feet tall, yes the bird gives the illusion of a shorter stock of corn.

The stock is discharged and cultivated into the ground as natural fertilizer. The operator of the combine and tracker is my father and mother, this is a true family operation!
Thank you very much ...

I have created a new video. Not really sure how to post it to this forum. Please advise.
@Dale D
DL video to you connected device first. Then UL to your YouTube channel, select the vid, tap the icon to get and copy the share link, then paste the link (as text) into the position on your post as desired. I’m sure it’s similar for other servers.

Nice harvesting vid! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc