DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Correct Comparisons?

Reactions
Hi folks. I’m currently at home after having all 4 wisdom teeth extracted, so a bit of time on my hands at the moment. I’m the type of person who ‘investigates/researches’ what I feel are important purchases ($$). When we do get the chance for open travel again, I’ll be seriously considering buying a new drone (currently with Air 1). That being said, my thoughts are to be in the sub-250g market.

I realise this is a DJI forum, but has anyone been considering an Autel Nano+? I realise it’s not available for purchase yet, but I’ve seen some YT reviewers who have actually been comparing it to the Air 2 or Air 2S - given the specs both have. I thought that was an interesting take and if you agree with that thought process, it does seem like a really good buy (provided the Nano+ does what it claims).

Would appreciate your more experienced input.

Hi folks. I’m currently at home after having all 4 wisdom teeth extracted, so a bit of time on my hands at the moment. I’m the type of person who ‘investigates/researches’ what I feel are important purchases ($$). When we do get the chance for open travel again, I’ll be seriously considering buying a new drone (currently with Air 1). That being said, my thoughts are to be in the sub-250g market.

I realise this is a DJI forum, but has anyone been considering an Autel Nano+? I realise it’s not available for purchase yet, but I’ve seen some YT reviewers who have actually been comparing it to the Air 2 or Air 2S - given the specs both have. I thought that was an interesting take and if you agree with that thought process, it does seem like a really good buy (provided the Nano+ does what it claims).

Maybe check out any hoopla on the AutelPilots forum.

Reactions: 4006448

Depends on YOUR travel and to where. If within AUS, then the Air2 / S would be my choice as no real advantage of a Mini 2 / Nano in the under 250 g dept.

For overseas, def would compare the under 250g drones. I'm sure Autel is like DJI and A LOT of marketing hype versus reality when the drone finally hits the market. Just look at the M3 and how that has gone for DJI.

I kept my Mini just for travel overseas purposes - whenever that truly happens again. Maybe by that time there will be a Mini 3 that fly circles around the Mini / Mini 2 and I'll be tempted to get it. If not, I may look at upgrading to the Mini 2 to have a more up to date drone with some newer / nicer features.

Depends on YOUR travel and to where. If within AUS, then the Air2 / S would be my choice as no real advantage of a Mini 2 / Nano in the under 250 g dept.

For overseas, def would compare the under 250g drones. I'm sure Autel is like DJI and A LOT of marketing hype versus reality when the drone finally hits the market. Just look at the M3 and how that has gone for DJI.

I kept my Mini just for travel overseas purposes - whenever that truly happens again. Maybe by that time there will be a Mini 3 that fly circles around the Mini / Mini 2 and I'll be tempted to get it. If not, I may look at upgrading to the Mini 2 to have a more up to date drone with some newer / nicer features.
Thanks. More for overseas travel. I’ve maybe not been as clear in my post - I would add a sub-250g and still keep my MA1 rather than replace it. Hunsan and Xiaomi don’t come near a DJI but as the Nano isn’t physically out there for testing yet…. Is DJI putting out a Mini 3?

I travel a lot internationally and purchased a Mavic Mini 2 in June (June 25th 2021) for a safari to Tanzania and Kenya. I was afraid to take my big Mavic 2 Pro for fear of confiscation at customs (never happened) and for saving weight. Turns out, I could have taken the MP2 and gotten better footage. I have stopped worrying about things like this. I just sold the Mini 2 on this forum yesterday ( had 2 offers), and will be sticking with the M2P until the coast oil clear with the M3 software fixes by DJI in January. The M2p does not really add that much more weight and for me it is much easier to use with my big 9.5 inch iPad screen.

Bottom line- don't worry about the weight- get a quality drone and learn everything you can about it. then take it with you. Worse comes to worse, it will stay in your camera bag if not allowed. The only caution would be if a country absolutely threatens to confiscate it like Oman, etc. Their web site threatens thousands in fines and jail time!!!Yikes!!!). Check their web sites first.

I travel a lot internationally and purchased a Mavic Mini 2 in June (June 25th 2021) for a safari to Tanzania and Kenya. I was afraid to take my big Mavic 2 Pro for fear of confiscation at customs (never happened) and for saving weight. Turns out, I could have taken the MP2 and gotten better footage. I have stopped worrying about things like this. I just sold the Mini 2 on this forum yesterday ( had 2 offers), and will be sticking with the M2P until the coast oil clear with the M3 software fixes by DJI in January. The M2p does not really add that much more weight and for me it is much easier to use with my big 9.5 inch iPad screen.

Bottom line- don't worry about the weight- get a quality drone and learn everything you can about it. then take it with you. Worse comes to worse, it will stay in your camera bag if not allowed. The only caution would be if a country absolutely threatens to confiscate it like Oman, etc. Their web site threatens thousands in fines and jail time!!!Yikes!!!). Check their web sites first.
Thanks Dale. The U.S. is one place I’d go back to. Trying to not spend too much time and effort to fly and get footage of our experiences - as a ‘hobbyist’.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut