DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Corrective Lens solution for my DJI Goggles

Robotpedlr

Reactions
I purchased a pair of DJI Goggles (Race Edition) for my new Mavic Air. Although I had read about the need for corrective lens for most people, I thought I would not need them since I have pretty good vision. I quickly found out that the reports are correct, that if you are getting older, than your vision regardless of how good it is at distance…you may need help for items up close (I am 54 years old). The display was blurry and not what I was hoping for….

So, I tried a pair of cheap readers to test the goggles and the display became very clear. I went and got tested and found that I should be using a 1.75 diopter lens for up close reading (probably knew this but was avoiding admitting that I needed readers).

I didn't want to fumble with a pair of readers in my goggles and didn't like the fit, so I ordered a set of DJI Corrective lens. They helped with the blur, but they did not fit onto the goggles well and felt cheap. One side would snap in and the other kept falling out (probably a mfg defect). I returned them and ordered a pair of RHO-Lens “Solace for DJI Goggles” from Germany based on some info I read on here. I emailed the company and they were super responsive, and I purchased a set of 3.00 Diopter lens which ended up being the perfect magnification for my vision (which again was tested as needing a 1.75 diopter per my optometrist). So as others have noted, go up a full point and round up to the next magnification.

The quality of the lens was much better than the DJI lens and they fit perfectly. RHO-Lens definitely invested in making sure the lens housing is perfect and resulted in a great fit. The quality of the actual lens is also great, super clear and perfectly shaped to give the best view. I am very happy with the product and was shocked of the quality over the other options. Love with my goggles now and wanted to thank the others that pointed me in the right direction on this site.

Reactions: TR Ganey
Thanks for the info, I just ordered a pair after losing one of the poor fitting DJI lens, which popped off & slipped into a crevice on a rock pier at the beach..

Thanks for the info, I just ordered a pair after losing one of the poor fitting DJI lens, which popped off & slipped into a crevice on a rock pier at the beach..
Exact problem I had. Good news is the RHO Lens seem very locked in and have a solid fit.

I’m interested in getting a pair. Is anyone experiencing issues with fogging? I’ve read that the “focus fixer” brand fogs a lot and requires you to spray them with an anti fog every use

I’m interested in getting a pair. Is anyone experiencing issues with fogging? I’ve read that the “focus fixer” brand fogs a lot and requires you to spray them with an anti fog every use

I have not had an issue with fogging.

Two weeks ago I received my Goggles RE and immediately noted that I will need strong positive lenses. I bought a pair of cheap +4 glasses for the first flights. I immediately noted that normal reading glasses will not work for me because they are too powerful for walking safely when I lift the Goggles off my eyes. I had to have corrective lenses that move on and off with the Goggles.

Two days ago I got delivery of +3 and +4 lenses from DJI. The +4 lenses are better for my eyes but unfortunately the left lens keeps falling off when I open the Goggles. If the lens falls off outdoors, I won't find it until late spring when the snow has melted away. But fortunately the +3 pair stays put. Obviously I haven't missed any secret instructions, and the lenses are supposed to stay put if pushed in as far as they go (there's no latching feature).

What I'll probably do is get an optician's recipe for new glasses and order an optimized pair from RHO. Thanks to this thread I am comfortable ordering a pair from them.

I recommend focus fixers on Ebay. The seller is really friendly and the glasses fit extremely well im long sighted in one eye and short sighted in the other so i bought two pairs which is perfect for me as i have the standard white goggles plus the RE version and i have to say im really impressed plus he posts the items really quick. Hope that helps

I went to the local 99 cent store and bought 4 pair of reading glasses of different strengths. I found the one that works perfectly for me and the other 3 I keep in my goggle carrying bag in case anyone with me wants to look thru them.
At only $1 each, it's a no brainer.
Not worth the gas to take them back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu