DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could drones provide evidence of UFOs?

African wildlife

Reactions
Decades ago, I trained as a scientist. I'm a practical, no-nonsense, realist. Too many people are gullible, unable to rationally think. The vast majority of alleged UFO "sightings" can be explained away. But a very few seem to suggest the possibility of extraterrestrial craft. If you want a highly credible witness, listen to Commander David Fravor interviewed by Joe Rogan (available on YouTube). He encountered one for five minutes, in daylight, which was also tracked by the sophisticated AN/SPY-1 radar. The US Department of Defense have confirmed that the video shot of a UAP or UFO shortly afterwards by a third F/A-18 Super Hornet crew is authentic, together with two other US Navy videos released to the public.

Anyway, given the small size and easy deployment of drones such as the Mini 2, I was wondering if anyone had seen something unusual and immediately launched their drone to take a closer look? Now I appreciate that we are height limited. And that these occurrences are extremely rare. I also appreciate that we're using wide angle lenses, which are far from ideal for capturing detail of another object at distance. But a drone is a tool for taking aerial photographs and video.

I know this is a long shot. And it should be our military organisations, with all of their advanced technological capability, who we should be turning to for answers (whatever these answers turn out to be) - but they will likely be slow to share any findings, not least because any data could be of vital importance to their own objectives if there is advanced ET technology entering our airspace.

I‘d be selfish if I thought we were the only beings in this endless universe...

So I envision some 50-something standing on the fantail of the mothership, flying a really high tech drone. Now their authorities tell them to fly within VLOS, too, but he skirts that rule with his buddy, the Visual Observer. They see our relatively slow (to them) modern aircraft, so they try to avoid them like we avoid seagulls. But every once in a while, a seagull will spot us and try to chase us. So we do the evasive maneuver of simply heading straight up in Sports Mode. Their drone has a cool, evasive Insane Mode, that sends their drone streaking across our skies.

The extra terrestrials may have some really advanced Fat Shark or DJI FPV goggles, so to them, it’s a super good time, too. He may get scolded by his fellow forum members when he tells the story of flying around the blue planet, but he’ll remind them he was standing outside of National Park property, and that he’s studying to get his 107, too. ??

As for evidence of UFOs, I’m thinking we may not capture proper images if we see something and launch our drones to take a photo or video. But as we fly around collecting images, I’m wondering if anyone out there already has some captured images they dismissed as blurry or unusable.

Last edited:
I often thought along the same lines, 99% of all footage is shaky/blurry & nowhere near good enough to assertain what is being filmed, however "decent" drones such as the Mavics have very good quality cameras with superb image stabilisation, some even have zoom features so if in the right place at the right time they could catch the perfect footage, I was mainly thinking of ground footage in dense forest areas or hills etc for capturing images of yetis & such or even unknown species previously not seen, but airborn craft or objects just as much so, imagine though if the said UFO decides to investigate & beam it up, try explaining that to DJI for a Care Refresh case!

Some very funny comments above, not least about DJI Care Refresh.

And, yes, as I said to begin with, our drones are a poor tool for the (potential) job. Which is why the military powers - which serve us and are funded by us - should step up to the job.

But there is a tiny, minute chance that someone flying a drone - or having a drone with them - could get lucky. I'm not dismissive of the huge v-shaped UFO (as different from lights that were confused with flares) that was seen by countless witnesses over Phoenix and other parts of Arizona. It wasn't going at some phenomenally fast speed. I know of at least two experienced pilots who observed it from the ground, including the then Governor Fife Symington. It seems like a drone might have been capable of getting a better picture or film than a mobile phone held by someone on the ground. Highly unlikely, but it could possibly happen.

I agree with Pelagic_one. The idea that we're somehow "special" is as silly as when humans believed the sun and all the others stars revolved around us and that we were the centre of the universe. Leading astronomers now calculate that there is approximately 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 - that mind-boggling figure is apparently known as a zetta - habitable planets in the observable Universe. My guess is that we're still at the semi-primitive stage of evolution, supported by the many aspects of dysfunctional behaviour displayed all over our planet - which ranges from bitching and moaning, to rape and murder, armed conflict and species extinction. But we've now got drones and there's a small army of us, so perhaps we should be ready if that chance in a lifetime was presented to us.

There's zero chance of a UFO landing on the White House lawn or similar. I admire the baboons on our nature reserve, but I wouldn't invite them indoors for a meal. Given the less favourable side of current human behaviour, the parallel here should be obvious. Humans use pretty much everything and everyone as a scapegoat to deflect their own inadequacies, so we hardly need an additional one - and yet this would happen. Any smart ET would know this as it's commonplace in every country on our planet.

Be prepared is a great life skill, one that we take very seriously. I haven't considered our drones in this way before earlier today. So I'll now have this at the back of my mind, just in case.....

Reactions: JoelP
Could they? well of course they could. HOWEVER, all the UFO's I've seen are very very advanced including sound, sight electromagnetic ionic, and gravitational shielding and ventriloquist projection of the same. This is so because they have the ability to monitor and affect their surroundings at the subatomic level a very short distance beyond contact with their outer shell. So, they have no trouble going undetected except for equipment failure captain/crew failure, or the need for such extra ordinary power they can't keep all the cloaking systems fully powered. This is very rare, and improving to where the meantime between exposures is now 12.5 years per vessel. So could you? Yes. Is it likely? Definitely not.

Our extraterrestrials only show up at night and we don’t have waivers for night flights. ?
Regards

Our extraterrestrials only show up at night and we don’t have waivers for night flights. ?
Regards
That and the fact that most of the cameras on drones perform very poorly in low light. Also anyone flying to check it out would need to be 107 since it would no longer be considered pure recreation by the FAA...

Reactions: Gagey52
I have no doubt at all that there is cognitive extraterrestrial life somewhere out there. It's absolutely ridiculous to think that we are unique given the number of statistical possibilities. The problem with any of it showing up here on earth is the distances involved and the theoretical limitations of interstellar travel. Any life form that had been able to solve those problems and decided to waste their time coming here wouldn't be showing up in relatively small balls, saucers, and pyramids that were visible during the day, glowed at night, and traveled in nonsensical paths.

That being said, there clearly are apparently physical phenomena that have been poorly photographed and escape explanation, but I don't see how any hobbiest drone is going to improve on that. In my opinion, the odds of ever being close enough to get a better shot are lower than a drone getting hit by lightning.

Reactions: ckoerner
I'd be happy to watch any video in High resolution and steady with the subject in the frame. I don't know why its always people who don't know how to capture video that see the unidentified objects...

I'd be happy to watch any video in High resolution and steady with the subject in the frame. I don't know why its always people who don't know how to capture video that see the unidentified objects...
Possibly because the people who know how to capture video are therefore able to identify the objects.

Reactions: Meta4
For those interested in this topic a great read is UFOs and Nukes by Robert Hastings. It is available on Kindle.

We need to distinguish between a UFO (unidentified FO) and a visitor from another planet. There may well be other life in the universe, it's a statistical probability. But here on earth, the "visiting crafts" always seem to be seen (or land?) in the middle of nowhere. The day one lands in Neil deGrasse Tyson's yard, THEN I'll begin to take this seriously :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada