DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couldn't Hear Smart Controller Notifications

Gindra

Reactions
I've often been surprised when looking at AirData after a flight, to find that I had received a number of warnings or notifications from my Smart Controller that went right by me unnoticed! The visual notices don't stay on the screen but for a few seconds and my attention is often on the AC rather than on my RC screen.

I finally thought to see if I could pair my Bluetooth AirPods with my SC. It works like a charm! I can hear everything the lady in my SC is saying! The AirPods are now a permanent part of my Flight Bag.

Hey, great idea for us old codgers that were subjected to too much noise in 'Nam and huntin' ground squirrels using only .38 cases for ear plugs when young! I was using hearing assist things to try and hear the lady in the SC, but will switch to bluetooth ear buds.

Reactions: Gindra
Hey, great idea for us old codgers that were subjected to too much noise in 'Nam and huntin' ground squirrels using only .38 cases for ear plugs when young! I was using hearing assist things to try and hear the lady in the SC, but will switch to bluetooth ear buds.

Yep, Nam did it for me too! Grunt '69/'70.

I've often been surprised when looking at AirData after a flight, to find that I had received a number of warnings or notifications from my Smart Controller that went right by me unnoticed! The visual notices don't stay on the screen but for a few seconds and my attention is often on the AC rather than on my RC screen.

I finally thought to see if I could pair my Bluetooth AirPods with my SC. It works like a charm! I can hear everything the lady in my SC is saying! The AirPods are now a permanent part of my Flight Bag.

it was my understanding that having Bluetooth on caused interference with the SC signal?

not noticed any problem with mine, if Bluetooth was a problem then I don't think it would have been put in the SC, maybe your thinking about phones on std controller working better for some in airplane mode, I never had a problem with that either, never put into airplane mode and everything worked fine, just as WIFI and Bluetooth does on the SC for me

not noticed any problem with mine, if Bluetooth was a problem then I don't think it would have been put in the SC, maybe your thinking about phones on std controller working better for some in airplane mode, I never had a problem with that either, never put into airplane mode and everything worked fine, just as WIFI and Bluetooth does on the SC for me
I had a customer service person at dji tell me to turn off Bluetooth on my phone when using the SC. No idea if they know what they’re talking about, but that’s what they told me. I had contacted them about bad reception with the SC. Lost the connection a few times.

not heard of that, if anything I would have thought WIFI would have been a problem, but Bluetooth and even hot spotting SC to my phone I've never had a problem

Reactions: Gindra
thanks for that, never knew, I've never had Bluetooth interference with anything, drone pc or Amateur radio, the only hassle I get with Bluetooth is paring and connecting problems when it is paired, or works ok one day then the next it don't, drives me nuts.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d