DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couldn't take pictures!? And ActiveTrack went crazy too!?

dacoco

Reactions
Hi,

today was my second flight with the Mavic. I was using a Galaxy S7 and DJI GO 4 and encountered some strange issues. Maybe you can help:

1) Suddenly i couldn't take pictures anymore. I was recording video, stopped it with the app and then tried to switch to photo mode but it didn't respond. Also the photo button on the remote did not take a picture.
Video was fine though, i could stop and start recording at anytime. After trying to change the video mode to phone also the remote icon on the DJI Go App blinked (edit: found that thread but it seems to have nothing to do with the missing photo option)

2) I did some Activetrack tests which worked fine but the phone was really really getting slow in terms of responding to touch commands. For example i tried to change the Activetrack mode by starting Activetrack again and even if i touched Activetrack i was suddenly in Taptofly Mode. When i try to change it again the phone was reacting really really slow and finally the GO app crashed.

3) After getting it to work again i later started Activetrack again but this time when i choosed me the Mavic suddenly looked in another direction and told me subject lost. Like it didn't like me anymore it was like that all the time. I choosed me with the green square and immedately after this it turned to the right and i wasn't in the picture anymore. After rebooting RC and Mavic everything was back to normal.

I use DJI Go (not the 4 version) with my P3P all the time and i had never a single crash or bad response.
Maybe this is a Samsung issue but the phone is brand new and has no software on it besides DJI Go (both versions because of the Osmo).

Thanks
Daniel

Last edited:
Unfortunately that seems to be the way with computers. Stuff goes haywire/ reboot and it's fine. Too bad there has to be a crash mixed in there sometimes. I think they need to incorporate more self test while it's booting up. I sure wouldn't mind waiting another 30 seconds to know it's going to fly without a computer glitch problem and crash[emoji120]

Try cleaning up your device by turning off all apps, wifi off, and airplane mode on.

I also turn off my on board video cache, but I have an older device and it needs all the help it can get.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD