DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

COVID 19 and Part 107 Expirations

theDRONEranger

Premium Pilot
Reactions
US- For those that are Part 107, what are your plans? How will you handle your contracts? if your Part 107 expires? You may, of course continue to fly as recreational, but expiration is expiration for 107. Additional expenses for having to hire short notice current licensed 107, pay their associated fees, etc. Potential for significant revenue lost! FYI: my 107 expires May 2020.

My enquiry as to possible 6 month extension (due to closed testing stations) to the FAA garnered the following automated response:

The FAA is aware that some Part 107 Remote Pilots are unable to complete the recurrent knowledge test due to testing center closures related to Covid-19 response. The FAA is aggressively working towards a solution for these airmen. Continue to check our website and follow us on social media for updates.
Thank you for contacting the FAA's Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Support Center.

Please follow up with any further inquiries at [email protected] or call 844-FLY-MY-UA. Additional information is also available at Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).

Follow us at the new @FAADroneZone on Facebook and Twitter for the latest FAA drone news, safety tips, and educational information.

We appreciate your feedback. Please select: UAS Safety and Integration Division AUS-400.

Reactions: brett8883
I would just keep flying. The only party that might care is your insurance carrier, who will likely also say to keep flying so they don't lose your business. Keep in mind, you are just as liable with your 107 as without. Reality is the 107 is a paper cert so far, no real life enforcement of it going on.

One may certainly keep flying, recreationally, of course, but not legally, as 107 after expiration.

I wonder how this has affected airline pilots?!?

I've been talking with one of my FAA contacts and he says the FAA understands our plight, and are trying to help us.

I'll share more when I can.

Reactions: sar104 and umanbean
I've been talking with one of my FAA contacts and he says the FAA understands our plight, and are trying to help us.

I'll share more when I can.
Yes, that is what I surmised when I received the auto feedback from them. Not just drone pilots, but any pilot seeking cert or revert for new or expired license.

Hi. We're from the government. We're here to help.

When it comes to the UAS Integration Office, they are trying very hard to help us in this subject.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024mastermind