DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

COVID19 beach crowd monitoring

Davros007

Reactions
Looks like Mavics will be keeping some Australian beaches safer. Strict rules about social distancing here. Seems to work well too! But in case someone needs a reminder- “the eye in the sky” will be there to do so.

I wonder what value such drone flights will have if the pilots maintain VLOS, and do not fly over or within 100 lateral feet of one single person. Or will those rules not apply?

Reactions: jaysmithtechtv
I wonder what value such drone flights will have if the pilots maintain VLOS, and do not fly over or within 100 lateral feet of one single person. Or will those rules not apply?
Yeah - be interesting to know. Maybe doesn’t apply, or they call in officers to respond on the ground and don’t need to go closer?

Yeah - be interesting to know. Maybe doesn’t apply, or they call in officers to respond on the ground and don’t need to go closer?

I think the Mavic is great tool to patrol beaches and ocean for public safety and law enforcement. Especially with PA system and ZOOM. Its perfect really. Just out of curiosity, can a recreational flyer take off, fly over or land on that same public beach? The rules there seem very strict on flights over/close to moving people but maybe there is a waiver process or they stay out over water and as you say don't need to get that close.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229