DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cracked motor case

Yonatan

Reactions
I was flying my Mavic Air today (first day after receiving it!). I was flying low under a tree when I suddenly got a low battery warning. Before I could stop it, the drone rose up to return to its home base, but in doing so, hit the tree and then fell. It received a slight crack where the arm connects to the motor case. I've attached a photo.

Any suggestions as to what to do? Should I glue it to reinforce it (and if so, with what). The crack is only on one side of the arm, but I'm afraid that if I fly it, the increased stress will cause the crack to widen.

All help is appreciated!

Attachments

• Mavic air.jpeg
    Mavic air.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 101
I would probably send it in for a repair and replace the arm

Man i would CA the crap outta that! ;)

Send it in. You risk vibration and another fatal crash.

We won't bother asking why you were continuing to fly past the battery warning at 30% and under a tree no less. Change your settings to hover in place on RTH

You can get a plastic-specific epoxy, then use your DJI refresh. Would I recommend it? Not really, but you can take the risk if you want.

Last edited:
Where are you now? Do you have Refresh insurance? Gluing it is a bad idea.

If you glue it does that effect the OP's ability to claim a care refresh ?

That is more than a little crack!!! Have it repaired the right way..

Idk man i giess it depends on each persons situation.. but i would def ca it and have fun instead of letting it sit....if u glue it right u wont have a problem with vibes.. does anyone remember the blade 350qx? And those plastic shell of a bodys they came with. Yea i glued the crap out of those shells so much. Trying to attempt 8 or 9 flips in a row at 125 dual rates didnt help. Never vibed apart on me and also did lots of speed runs.. mav air is a way thicker differemt type of plastic.... yeah man u will be fine. Or wait till whenever u can send it back to dji which will be how long? Or go on ebay and buy the whole front arm assembly. Seen them on ebay for sure. It comes with motor and the little landing leg/antenna

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes