DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cracked plastic

Scotdrone

Reactions
Great.... only 6 months old and there's now a little hairline crack on the top plate above the front right arm. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before I flew today. My flight today was a leisurely straight up to take a couple of pics and then a quick, but not aggressive descent. Only difference from normal recent flights was that I have put the low noise props back on (genuine dji ones). I'd taken them off for a bit as i had concerns over stability of them in wind but put them back on again for today to give them another shot. Its never been crashed and always well protected in a case. My dilemma now is whether to get it sorted under warranty or just put up with it (assuming it's not going to get worse). Anyone know how long a repair under warranty takes in the UK?

Attachments

• 20180126_183155.jpg
    20180126_183155.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 65
Great.... only 6 months old and there's now a little hairline crack on the top plate above the front right arm. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before I flew today. My flight today was a leisurely straight up to take a couple of pics and then a quick, but not aggressive descent. Only difference from normal recent flights was that I have put the low noise props back on (genuine dji ones). I'd taken them off for a bit as i had concerns over stability of them in wind but put them back on again for today to give them another shot. Its never been crashed and always well protected in a case. My dilemma now is whether to get it sorted under warranty or just put up with it (assuming it's not going to get worse). Anyone know how long a repair under warranty takes in the UK?
Hmm.. I have not seen that issue come up before. Has it ever crashed before today?

It looks like there is still some substantial reinforcement under the top plate.

Hmm.. I have not seen that issue come up before. Has it ever crashed before today?
Never been crashed. I've been a very pedestrian flyer with it as I just use it for still photography. I've only ever used sport mode once for a few minutes! It looks like a stress crack.

I flew mine today and really pushed it, sports mode, sharp turns, hard braking etc was cool to watch the speed of it. I checked it over as I do after every flight and its perfect, no signs of wear, damage etc.

Just wanted to point out that hairline crack is not normal, if you bought it new, then you should probably contact Dji for a replacement under the warranty.

Reactions: Scotdrone
I flew mine today and really pushed it, sports mode, sharp turns, hard braking etc was cool to watch the speed of it. I checked it over as I do after every flight and its perfect, no signs of wear, damage etc.

Just wanted to point out that hairline crack is not normal, if you bought it new, then you should probably contact Dji for a replacement under the warranty.
Thanks. It was brand new from a major online retailer so I'm well within any warranty period.

Looks like it is from upward flex from the arm. This can occur when in Sports Mode and making rapid descents while yawing at the same time. It does not happen alot and you might want to investigate that warranty you speak of.

Reactions: Scotdrone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661