DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cradle-like levees: Adirondack Dams (up for review)

What would you have changed?

• Length

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • editing

• color grading

• filming

• other

• Total voters

MKurr

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
In this video I showed three of the dams around Indian Lake, NY, the dams not only are used to regulate the rivers but also are what makes the lake stay where they are and not drain down to the level that they were at before the dams were built...

So please suggest, comment, and help me improve my video quality!

Here is the full description:
Indian Lake's first dam, some 165 years ago, helped float felled timber to markets literally downstream, letting operators control volume. That first levee just widened Indian. Its successor, finished in 1898, stretched the lake to a max 14 miles, making water supply more reliable for mills and factories down the Hudson River. The new dam also flooded the "Narrows” that once split Indian in two, now visible only during severe drought. Climate cycles have driven volume up and down quite dramatically: March 1913 Indian Lake swelled to highest-ever 43.2 billion gallons - just 2 years after all-time-high 103F(!) had been notched at the Dam (yes, in 1911) - whereas Feb. 1948 volume plunged ~96.5% to just 1.5 billion! No one panicked....and, as you can see, Mother Nature let Indian recover quite nicely.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload