DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash, and gimbal - haven't even played with it for 10min

sconner

Reactions
Hey, it's my first post in here and sadly a negative one.

So I crashed my Mavic into the tree and gimbal snapped from the plate, I managed to glue it back into place which wasn't a big deal but now I'm getting this dreaded Gimbal Overload Error. At the startup gimbal does two soft movements and then it starts banging in all directions four times until it settles looking downwards, video is still good though.

I inspected the whole aircraft and the only fault I can find is roll of the camera - it rolls 180 degrees to the right but only 30 degrees to the left, unless that's normal.

Do you have any ideas what to do with it? Except for replacing the ribbon cable which I ordered already :D

And lastly, if everything else fails is there a trusted technician in UK who can handle the repair and won't charge me 300 quid for a gimbal? Thanks!

...I inspected the whole aircraft and the only fault I can find is roll of the camera - it rolls 180 degrees to the right but only 30 degrees to the left, unless that's normal....
That level of movement is normal. I don't know about the rest. Could you show some closeups?

Sure thing, here's link to Imgur: Mavic

But I wasn't really sure what to photograph, it looks undamaged to me. If you have anything specific that you would like to have a look at, just a word :)

Could you take a short video of the startup calibration? Settling downwards is a possible sign of a bad ribbon cable or motor assembly and is not normal, nor is banging around during startup. You should order a new gimbal plate also since you will need to drop the gimbal out to replace the ribbon cable.

Does your gimbal tilt downwards when commanded by the controller?

Sure thing, here's a video of its startup dance:

I can't controll the gimbal but it still send the video just fine. Also, this dance repeats itself every 30 seconds or so, always with the same result. I also tried starting it sideways or even upside down, no luck sadly.

Sure thing, here's a video of its startup dance:

I can't controll the gimbal but it still send the video just fine. Also, this dance repeats itself every 30 seconds or so, always with the same result. I also tried starting it sideways or even upside down, no luck sadly.

Ribbon cable plus possibly motor assembly. Replace the cable and plate (unless you like your glue job lol) then see what you get.

Ribbon cable plus possibly motor assembly. Replace the cable and plate (unless you like your glue job lol) then see what you get.
dude your the dude when this stuff goes wrong would he not need a bracket also ? I have no idea and am talking through my a@@e but did the bracket look broke to you ?

Reactions: Former Member
It's kind of hard to see, but it looks like the rear tab is broken (the picture shows it incorrectly under the plate).
upload_2018-7-10_13-26-26.jpeg

Reactions: MrsTreat
Just a SuperGlue :D but then I had to clean this since I got a bit too much in there.

Anyway ribbon cable it is, I will update you tomorrow when it will arrive :)

Ha! Its all sorted, being honest I'm quite surprised myself that it wen't so smoothly. Turns out that it was snapped ribbon cable, something that I haven't noticed until I started changing it. It's all good now, thank you to everyone helping me in this thread! Fly high!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato