DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash - Camera / Gimbal separated

Hovgard

Reactions
Hi,

So after a crash the camera has popped out of the gimbal. Please see image. Can anyone help with info on how to take this apart and repair?

Thanks,

Ben

Attachments

• FE2EBF41-C135-4C1D-B59D-E26ECC92DA38.jpeg
    FE2EBF41-C135-4C1D-B59D-E26ECC92DA38.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
You can take it apart, but you probably need to buy a new gimbal motor assembly because your roll motor arm looks bent and the motor might be damaged. Are you still getting video feed?

1. 6 screws get the gimbal free from the chassis.
  2. use a razor blade (or strong suction cup) to remove the gimbal motor covers. They are glued on and magnetized.
  3. Remove 3 small screws on each motor, but be gentle. They strip very easily, and then you will have to dremel them out.

Reactions: ff22
Hi,

Yes you are right, the arm is bent. I have managed to slip it back in place and it moves freely but there is still a slight gap. I have free movement but I get motor overload indication. Probably because it’s not perfectly aligned.

Anywhere online that sells these parts?

Thank you.

I sell the motor assembly alone for $350. You can try looking online or possibly send it in to DJI but they will probably be more expensive.

Hi, I'm fairly new to the forums, but I know you're supposed to search them before starting a new thread, so this post is the closest to my topic....

I crashed my mavic pro a couple days ago, after running several tests I determined the only thing broken was the camera gimbal/mount. The camera and it's capture options all work fine, it just doesn't move/rotate. I've attached some pics, the yellow circle is the only broken ribbon I could find, and the green circle is what I thought was frayed wires from the crash, but after looking up parts, I realized that the wires look like that when bought new. So my question is, do I just need a new mount, gimbal/mount, or a whole new camera/gimbal/mount? Thanks for any input!

NOTE A: Crash in this case defined as...Even though I have several years of experience flying picture and racing quads, I decided to fly like an A$$ just before landing by doing some fly by circles around my truck. I had carbon fiber blades on as I was testing lift on 3 different sets of props, one prop made contact with the open door of my truck. Upon coming apart, pieces of carbon fiber struck two other props which also came apart, in the ensuing melee more carbon fiber shrapnel struck the camera.

NOTE B: Was piggy backing this question on this thread correct, or should I have started a new one?

IMG_2355.JPGIMG_2356 1.JPGIMG_2357 1.JPG

Last edited:
Youve got a broken gimbal plate, and a severed black flat ribbon cable.

Dont feel bad, it happens to us all, just a matter of time. If you aint crashing, you aint flying.

Are you getting video feed?

Youve got a broken gimbal plate, and a severed black flat ribbon cable.

Dont feel bad, it happens to us all, just a matter of time. If you aint crashing, you aint flying.

Are you getting video feed?

Yes, video and picture capture work. looking at parts on line and was hoping I could get away with just this mount, instead of a whole new camera or gimbal.
Edit: I was just thinking after I posted this response....I guess with that ribbon broken though, I'll need something else besides just this mount.

Yeah, my g/f said i took it pretty well, but I was cussing on the inside. I have had a ton of crashes with my racing quads, but they're fairly easy to fix, and I've had a few crashes with phantoms, but they were malfunctions for the most part, this crash was pure stupidity...lol.

04-10-2019_223651.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada